PDA

View Full Version : Electrics: - XC90 Brake Light Staying On

harry67
Aug 14th, 2006, 21:17
:hissyfit: Hi there, Can any one help
My brake lights are staying on on my XC90, the tailgate middle is ok, and is working properly. But both the side ones are staying on even when the brake paddle is not pressed and when the car is not running.
Has anyone else experienced similar problem, or have suggestion why.

Thanks

john griffiths
Aug 18th, 2006, 20:10
Hi
if the lights are suck on,on the car not the tailgate,its the relay in the REM unit,its on the N/Sof the boot area behind the lamp unit,the relays on the right hand side as you look at it in center.

REDTAIL HAWK
Sep 16th, 2006, 16:43
:hissyfit: Hi there, Can any one help
My brake lights are staying on on my XC90, the tailgate middle is ok, and is working properly. But both the side ones are staying on even when the brake paddle is not pressed and when the car is not running.
Has anyone else experienced similar problem, or have suggestion why.

ThanksBRAKE LIGHT PROBLEMS IN THE P2 CARS HAVE BEEN BEEN BAD CEMS, WATER COMES IN THROUGH THE TOP OF THE BULK HEAD AND DRIPS DOWN INTO THE CEM. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY BAD RELAYS IN THE XC90 AS OF YET. THERE ARE ALSO PROBLEMS WITH THE WIRE THE LEADS FROM THE CEM TO THE REM BEING GROUNDED OUT UNDER NEATH THE DASH INTERMITANTNTLY. THE BRAKE LIGHT CIRCUITS ARE 2 SEPERATE CIRCUITS, ONE IS HARD WIRED, THE OTHER IS ON THE NETWORK.
REDTAILHAWK

john griffiths
Sep 24th, 2006, 14:35
Hi
the lamp in the tail gate is feed off the REM,the lamps on the body work are feed from a relay in the REM,so if the one in the tail gate is working ok then it stands to reason that what ever control the body work ones has some bearing on it,as far as water in the CEM this is from 05MY when they changed the CEM from 250 to 500 kbps,you always syart off with the least expensive and then work your self up,as far as never seeing a faulty brake lamp relay i can remember replacing them as a recall because they where faulty.