PDA

View Full Version : General: - XC90 delivery times

bircham
Sep 19th, 2006, 22:56
Well there has been another delay in my car coming. The dealer said to me Sat morning that there had been a quality control issue with the Sapeli wood trim and that my car was delyed further. I wouldn't normally worry but we ordered it in the first week of July and we have a 2 week fmily holiday with grandparents etc so we nee the bigger car. This beginns 29th of Septmber and it looks as if the car wiull not be ready by then. Also the dealer hads guaranteed the trade in price for my 2004 A6 avant and it will be at least 6 weeks late in being traded in after we come back in the middle of October so presumably th trade price they had got will be going down - not my problem of course. What a pain in the butt!:hissyfit:

Anyway the dealer siad that Volvo UK were meant to be phoning me but so far nothing. I left a message with them to call back but so far nothing. Maybe tomorrow...

Is there anyone else in the same situation? I don't normally complain about this type of thing but from being quoted a 1st Sept delivery date (6 weeks del) it will now be more like 12 weeks. Not really on at all.:mumbles:

Jon

the great one
Sep 20th, 2006, 19:47
tell the dealer to give you a loan xc90 untill your one is ready

bircham
Sep 20th, 2006, 20:04
I have and they have suggested that they could lend me a demo for a while - I should hear tomorrow.

Jon

chipfat
Sep 27th, 2006, 13:02
Aaaawww! I hope these delays aren't spreading. I've just this weekend ordered a brand new XC90 and I've been told I'm looking at 5 - 6 weeks for delivery. Keeping fingers crossed for the next 30 days then!

btw - Hello forums! :)

mooey
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:42
We ordered out XC90 on the 11-05-06 with a delivery of 6 weeks. We eventually got hold of it on 28-07-06. At one point we were told it was in the country and on the way to the dealers when in fact is was still at the factory being held back due to quality control issues. Not at all happy with the zero response from Volvo after some very to the point emails to our dealers.

butlerwhite
Oct 26th, 2006, 14:24
I ordered an XC90 from stratstone (brum) 5 weeks ago, I was expecting it take about 8 weeks, I wasn't expecting it until middle of November but yesterday I got a phone call from stratstone asking me if I would like to take delivery of the vehicle :Dancing_chief:

So on Monday they will be delivering it...

sojust my S40 to sell now, its going in the trader today!

bircham
Oct 27th, 2006, 13:50
Well I should be collecting the new 90 on Tuesday! About time too, 05/07 - 31/10 for delivery. I am glad I went for the diesel as the T6 I have been using for the past few weeks (supplied by Volvo UK) has been doing 20mpg average only.

I will post some pics of my lovelty new car when I gat it.

jon.