PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) General : - bluetooth car kit for 06 s40

IRES40
Sep 20th, 2006, 00:00
hi do volvo do a bluetooth car kit for the new s40 saloon?

does it integrate into the car stereo? is it any good?

the great one
Sep 20th, 2006, 20:40
yes and yes its very good

7050man
Sep 20th, 2006, 22:35
1. Is this for my07 cars or can it be fitted to my06 versions too?

2. Is this a proper Volvo kit purchesed from Volvo or just something bought from car Hi Fi outlet?

Thanks.

the great one
Sep 21st, 2006, 19:39
genuine volvo fits 05-07 vehicles check with your dealer good price too

7050man
Sep 22nd, 2006, 17:23
Thanks Great one. I'll have to have a jaunt down to the dealer I think.

Rooster
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:07
Have to agree with great one, they seem a cracking bit of kit altho they don't work with every bluetooth phone so just make sure you phone is compatable first

Hashluck
Jan 7th, 2007, 18:06
Is a list of compatible phones available anywhere?

Is the microphone already built-in (to rear view mirror)?

Where does the little oval box usually get fitted?

I assume it uses the built-in car hi-fi speakers and volume adjusted from steering wheel etc?

pukka
Jan 26th, 2007, 17:23
just on a note here, the volvo car kit is really a motorola bluetooth kit.

unless you get the volvo kit intergrated into the steering wheel.

i went for a parrot kit, CK3300 and a adaptor kit from audioleads, the wires get connected to the output of the amp with a little box of tricks, then mounted the control box under the passenger seat, and mounted the screen near the gear stick. i will get some pic if anyone want to see. you dont need to cut a single wire. took about 2 hour to install and audio comes from the 2 front speakers only.

Paul

treidlia
Jan 26th, 2007, 21:48
I have the Nokia CK7W, with the volvo specific audioleads from Siocommnications.
Works fine.

Definitely recommend getting autolead, sound through issulated high-qual fromt speakers, much better than from standard speaker,. Also drawing of power from amp is very convenient, no searching around for positives, negatives etc and tapping into circuits.
Routes sound into front speakers bypassing amp/etc, so steering wheel controls have no effect, use carkit volume control.
Fitted it myself, no real problems, but guess some people might be daunted by relatively major surgery. Can describe if interested.

Loads of room behind the dash under the steering wheel for control boxes etc.

Bluetooth kits with external screens defeat the purpose of bluetooth kits in my humble opinion.

tigerbalm
Jan 28th, 2007, 16:29
I have attached a spreadsheet I got from my dealer when I was getting the volvo Bluetooth system installed into my S40. It outlines phone compatability of the unit at the time.

I only thought the unit was ok. I'm not going to get it installed into my new S40 D5. It was costly enough in Ireland (aorund 600 euro). And it looks out-of-place on on the S40 dash. My dealer placed it under the aircon temp knob which really unbalanced the look of the S40 console. I moved it easily enough to under the ignition key - which was a lot neater.

Hashluck
Jan 28th, 2007, 17:31
Sounds like I need to have a word with my dealer about placement before they fit it. Presumably you had to move a wire to re-locate? Any nasty sticky stuff on the console?

tigerbalm
Jan 28th, 2007, 23:40
Sounds like I need to have a word with my dealer about placement before they fit it. Presumably you had to move a wire to re-locate? Any nasty sticky stuff on the console?

It was stuck on fairly well but I used Maplins Label Remover which removed it with easy and left no mark.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=25350&criteria=Service%20Aids&doy=28m1

tigerbalm
Jan 28th, 2007, 23:43

Moving the wire was no problem -- It was coiled inside the back of the floating console so all I had to do was pull gently on it and it will pull some more of the wire out. Stopped pulling when it would reach under the key slot and then used some bluetak to hold the wire in place behind the console. I'll take a quick picture of it the next time I'm in the car.

Argos
Feb 4th, 2007, 14:05
If I may, I'll just add my own recent experience. I wanted bluetooth in my late 2004 S40 and decided to do my own installation..:nerd: My S40 has the boot amplifier but is not a "premium sound" model the Volvo dealer said.
I bought a Parrot CK3100 kit, and an 06-045B lead and 06-423B adapter by Autoleads. The whole thing just plugs in, and fits & works perfectly!

The only slight hassle was that of removing trim to run the cable to the rear nearside boot (amplifier location). I phoned Autoleads support at one point, and was delighted with the excellent support I received.

I bought everything from www.vstore.co.uk for about £140-ish.

If anyone wants more info, just PM me

Marmoset
Feb 4th, 2007, 20:56
Are these kits able to support 2 phones at once? I've now got a personal and company mobile - would be handy if they could.

Ta

Rich

tigerbalm
Feb 5th, 2007, 09:04
The volvo kit supports 4 phones in total. i.e., you can pair up to four phones. However, only one phone in the car at the time can be active.