PDA

View Full Version : P1800es, internal door handle removal?

ipfewt
Mar 7th, 2005, 19:33
Has anyone removed the internal door handle on an p1800es, I have removed the small roll pin but it still refuses to come off?
I need to sort out the shaft as it appears to have rounded off.

cassell
Mar 9th, 2005, 10:11
Hi,

The roll pin is the only thing that usually holds the handle in place, you've done the hard bit as they can be really awkward to drive out!
The pin simply locates across a groove in the shaft to keep the handle in place. If your's is still tight, it seems that there is something still there, make sure that another pin hasn't been inserted from the other side, I think the hole goes right through the handle from memory. If it's given someone trouble before, they may have bonded it to the shaft with something like an epoxy glue, just a thought!

Regards,

Paul

1800ES and S60

mike gilbert
Mar 9th, 2005, 14:50
Its true that the only thing that should be holding the handle in place is the pin you have removed. The handles are often glued back on when the mechanism they fit to has rounded off. I think you'll just have to get brutal with it, while taking care not to damage the door card trim.
Mike.

stuart131
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:08
when i repaired my snapped window winder chain I too could not remove the handles ,neither had a circlip in place .I agree with earlier ,brute force is required im afraid ..be careful and good luck

ipfewt
Mar 11th, 2005, 16:39
thanks for the advice, I think I will have to use brute force. The car is still off the road for the winter, so probably won't get chance for a few weeks now, thanks again,
Ian.

ipfewt
Mar 11th, 2005, 16:43
thanks for the advice, I think I will have to get brutal with it. The car is still off the road from winter, so I won't have another go for a few weeks, thanks again,
Ian.

ipfewt
Mar 11th, 2005, 16:46
Thanks for the advice, I think I will have to get brutal with it. The car is still off the road at the moment, so I will have another go in a few weeks, thanks again,
Ian.