PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) Electrics : - fault U0326 Software incompability with immobliliser unit

TomC70
Jul 30th, 2016, 23:31
hello everyone this is my first thread and hope you guys can help

i have just bought a volvo s40 2005 2.0 D. i had a fault code for Anti skid service required. I read the car with my diagnostic tool quite primitive Delphi 150E. It showed me that the brake pressure senosr is dead permanent.
i looked into a lot of threads about it and i came to conclusion , that i have to replace abs pump+module whole unit together.
Before i started to take off the abs module +pump i disconnected the battery and got to work. I forgot that the car have only electronic way of opening the boot, since i was doing it in front of my house i had all tools in the boot.
After a day one pump was off i ordered the replacement put the tools in the boot and went home.
Next day i needed tools and everything that was in the boot , so i had no choice but to connect the battery for a few seconds to get it opened , while few things were disconnected like abs module and egr ( because was looking into that as well). Did that 3 times connected the battery in 2 day time.

Once finished the jobs put the abs pump +module in connected it , then put the battery in it's place and connected it.

Was going to start the car turned the key to start1 everything was fine , turned to start2 all lights came on as normal radio works and so does everything else, and then turned the key to start, and everything just flashed off, every time i turn the key to start3 position every light goes off ( like blocking everything)

The appeared a message on the dash display - Immobiliser see manual ,

Plugged my Delphi on and have one code U0326 Software incompability to Vehicle Immobiliser control unit.

I know that the abs module needs to be reprogrammed once replaced for it to work, but the was should have started anyway is that right ?

If anyone have had the same problem please guys help out, i am thinking that need to replace the antenna ring or immobiliser unit or some serious programming by Volvo , where i don't want to go to spend loads of money.

I ordered VIDA Volvo software , does anyone knows will it be able to programme some things and sort the issue out?

Thanks in advance even just for reading this crazyness !! :D :D

The Thong
Jul 31st, 2016, 20:58
The dealers will have to code the BCM for you. Not sure what's causing the immobiliser issue though although it might be connected. You need to get the car to the dealer or Indy who can help.

TT

TomC70
Aug 1st, 2016, 00:35
Thanks Thong ,
Just had an idea i will put back the old abs module and see if the car will start . If so then will be sure that needs volvo programming the new abs module.

Just didn't thought because of it car is gona shut down completely.

Thanks again , i will let know how it goes

CraigXS
Jan 30th, 2018, 17:27
Hi there , just wondering how you got on with this, I have the U0326 showing aswell and car will not start at all tried a new battery etc but to no avail, thanks.

lurcho
Jul 12th, 2018, 10:37
Hi did you have any other fault codes?

Did you check the fuses and the cem unit in the passenger footwell? Have you had a pollen filter fitted recently

also check the alternator if you have low voltage from the alternator you get all sorts of problems with the car network.

List which codes are stored.