PDA

View Full Version : V50 General : - Change display from L/100KM to MPG

bridgend
Nov 1st, 2006, 17:21
My V50 displays fuel consumption in L/100KM. Average consumption is in KM, as is KMs remaining in tank. This is because I live in Ireland. Is it possible to set it to display MPG and miles? Stangely, real-time speed is displayed in MPH.

S60-MBS
Nov 1st, 2006, 17:22
My V50 displays fuel consumption in L/100KM. Average consumption is in KM, as is KMs remaining in tank. This is because I live in Ireland. Is it possible to set it to display MPG and miles? Stangely, real-time speed is displayed in MPH.
It can be altered to MPG but has to be done via dealership..

i saw it first its mine
Nov 24th, 2006, 14:34
i think they charge about 40 for the software download to the car.tell me,does the speedo read both km and mph and are they the same size

bridgend
Jan 2nd, 2007, 14:44
The speedo only shows KPH. The digital display needs to be used if you want to see your speed in MPH.

spiderman
Jan 2nd, 2007, 19:12
Hi, I was very keen to have the possibility to see my actual current speed in mph as I have a LHD car with a km/h speedometer which I wish to use in the UK. It proved impossible to get a km/h speedo with mph indication on the inner dial. The reverse was possible.

A French dealer offered me a special additional converter that would convert the km/h signal into a mph signal and indicate that on the km/h dial. The contraption would cost 1200 Euro so I declined.

I did notice, however, that the user manual for my MY2007 V50D5 shows that the trip computer is able to indicate real time speed in mph 'in certain countries'. Looks like Ireland is one of those countries. At the UK dealer, however, I was told this software update is no longer availble.