PDA

View Full Version : V50 General : - Steering/suspension creak

judgeman
Nov 4th, 2006, 09:38
It's been 6 weeks since I picked up my 56 plate V50 D5 Sport. Boy, whadda car! After two 850 T5s I was worried I may not like the diesel. But it's great! Still getting used to the geartronic 'box though... (But I was after an auto, it's just I'm finding I'm too lazy to use the geartronic - maybe when I start towing the caravan next year it'll come into it's own)

Anyway, after 5 weeks of happy motoring, the car has passed the 1000 mile mark. And started groaning.

It's only noticeable at low, urban speeds. More specifically when turning. A groaning/creaking noise is coming from the front end of the car, and appears to be more over the nearside (passenger side). I did mention this to the dealer last weekend (when I had to call them because they hadn't fitted the ISOFIX brackets that were ordered with the car But that's another story).

The salesman said it didn't seem anything to worry about, he'll advise what to do when he calls back about the ISOFIX. A week gone by, and still no phonecall....

Just thought I'd post to see if anyone else has had this 'creaking' noise, or could shed some light. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but when you spend 25K on a brand new motor, you expect a bit more than a creak in the first 5 weeks!

It may just be a simple 'bedding in' issue, but alas I am one of those sad people that notices every last tiny sound when driving, and as soon as you know it's there, it seems you can't ignore it!

What was that ad in the 80's? 'If only everything in life was as reliable as a VW'.... Maybe I should pull into a gas station and get the mechaninc to oil the wife's dangly earrings?

Chris.

bircham
Nov 4th, 2006, 21:33
Sorry to hear abou probs

I'm interested in how you get on with the isofix retrofit as we're looking at it for my wife's V50.

Hope your car gets better...

Jon

judgeman
Nov 12th, 2006, 20:21
Took car to the garage yesterday for the Iso-fix to be fitted, and the creak to be sorted.

Got there nice and early, 8:30am (as requested by the garage) - and then there was no-one in service to help until 8:50am!!!

Anyhoo, they were unable to fit the Iso-fix on account of the kits being on back-order with Sweden.... So will have to go back for the Iso-fix to be fitted....

So settling myself down for a couple hours wait while they fixed the creak.... and 20 minutes later I was driving home! The creak turned out to be (as suspected) a front nearside suspension problem. It seems a 'cover/cap' had come off the top of the nearside front shock absorber. So once again, back to nice quiet car!

Will keep you posted once Iso-fix sorted....

Chris.