PDA

View Full Version : Just test-drove the new C30 in Birmingham

dooby
Nov 19th, 2006, 19:28
Posted photos in the gallery here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=433

We were in a 2.0l SE - were offered a 2nd test drive in the T5, but decided not to due to time (sadly).

Enjoy...

Pete

James_N
Nov 19th, 2006, 19:30
Are they available to test drive now then? Didnt know that.

i wouldnt mind a blast in the T5, see how it compares to the CTR i once had.

Wouldnt entertain buying a C30 for a while though, its FAR too expensive for what it is. Buy one in 3 years and let someone else take the initial hit.

dooby
Nov 19th, 2006, 19:38
Some sort of special event, not sure they're yet available for general test drives in dealerships. Worth checking the Volvo website, think it was part of the 'Free Will' tour or something:

Here (http://www.volvocars.co.uk/footer/about/NewsEvents/Events/_c30mailboxevent.htm)

HTH, Pete

SteveP
Nov 19th, 2006, 20:00
Tempting, tempting! I'd love to take a drive of the t5/d5, might have to get over there next weekend!

In a recent Auto Express test up against the Audi A4 and Mercedes C class coupe, the C30 won hands down - despite the test car being considerably cheper than the opposition.

carl20
Nov 19th, 2006, 20:18
Volvo are currently running a test drive event in Birmingham Mailbox - it will be available next weekend as well with the view of letting people get a closer look at the C30.

I was down at the Mailbox in Thursday and got the chance to drive the D5 - it was a cracking a little car, performs, handles and drives extremely well!

I work at Johnsons in Solihull and our first C30 is due in the first week in December! A cosmic white SE Sport with the 2.0D engine. The majority of dealer cars are coming through the first part of January with more numbers coming though about March time.

Carl.

roy chu1
Nov 19th, 2006, 20:43
It is a hi spec for comforts and technology, I guess they purposefully put a cloth interior in because the leather would wear from it going on many test drives.

But certainly does look interesting. A nice pocket rock with the T5 version.

I will be keeping an eye on the reviews.

Roy

SteveP
Nov 19th, 2006, 22:58
Work at Johnsons, Solihull? Watch out for a pesky 360 owner asking for obscure parts every now and then... that's my local :)

akash
Dec 1st, 2006, 12:42
car looks good but the back just does not appeal to me
it sort of looks like a megane (is that the one with a big backside?) but squashed a little to make room for a larger window but smaller body

I dont know.... something about the back I dont like. Infact, It looks like my very first honda civic from the back

also why did they move the handbrake near the passenger? In the S60 (and i think s40 too), I had it on drivers side. It is more easier/ergonomic but safer that a passenger has more effort to pull it when near to drivers

Otherwise, it reminds me of the S40 which I loved apart from the continuing issues I had. Now if they had those lights on my S60, I'd love the S60 100% :>