PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) Engine 2.0D : - Engine noise

sbunyan
Nov 21st, 2006, 22:31
I purchased a 55 plate 5000 miles s40 2.0D sport in september. 24 hours later I discovered a fault with the electrics associated with the drivers door i.e mirrors, windows, central locking etc. Also when I returned the car to the dealer I made them aware of an engine noise that was starting to annoy me, it was like a warbling tune type noise when decelerating in gear at about 1000-1500 rpm.
The dealer was quick to fix the electrics by applying contact grease to the multi-pin connector on the door, As for the engine noise, they said it might be the clutch. 30 days or so later after changing various components i.e water pump, EGR, injectors, belts and engine mounts and getting in touch with UK VOLVO they have been unable to get to the bottom of where this noise is coming from. Since then they have told me it must be the characteristics of this car.

I really like this car and would like to find a solution to this matter.

Has anybody had any same experiences with this engine noise or can suggest a fix for this.

Thanks in advance.

Northview
Nov 23rd, 2006, 00:49
No, I've not had this problem, so I'm afraid I can't help you identify the cause. Sorry.

I just wanted to say that if they went through all that work to try to track down/fix the problem, it's a bit late for them to turn around and say it must be the normal characteristics! Sounds like they're stumped and are hoping you'll just give up and go away.

i saw it first its mine
Nov 24th, 2006, 14:43
sounds like an exhaust problem,have the rubber hangers deteriorated