PDA

View Full Version : V50 General : - Thinking about a V50 D5

chaosss
Nov 26th, 2006, 20:44
Hi guys,

Been test driving cars this weekend (Audi A3 Sportback, Lexus IS220D and Volvo V50).

At the moment the V50 D5 SE Sport is the favourite. Only extras I would be looking at are Winter Pack and the high power stereo option.

Any other options you would recommend? (Thinking about keyless entry and sat nav)

Cheers
Chris

cm2k
Dec 8th, 2006, 11:16
The sat nav is a great option, I would hate to have a car without it now, I personally am very keen on the Backup Sensors too. Folding Mirrors are only £200 and a great thing to have in our small UK car parks! otherwise enjoy the car the D5 engine is great! :Banane32:

mnicholl
Dec 9th, 2006, 14:21
I would recommend go for the lexus if you are after customer service from my experience Volvo customer service is not good and from previous posts.

My first experience from buying a volvo and the other option was the lexus, I should have went with my first choice. The swinging factor with me was the salesman expression of safety and customer care.

Both of these have been a big let down, in my opinion Volvo have released cars with software that is not totally tested and with parts that are not totally tested prior to release.

This would be okay, but if you are driving down the motorway and then nothing.

Since Volvo are more concerned about the US market as they will resolve problems there and leave us living in the UK with these problems and not do a full recall. This was highlighted on BBC Watchdog.

James_N
Dec 11th, 2006, 22:59
Lexus are awfull cars, but its all personal opinion.

I personally LOVE the V50, and if i was to buy a modern volvo, it would certainly be the V50 D5.

Shame the V50 doesnt have the load lugging capacity of my older 740, and this is the problems with newer volvo's. they just dont have the space.

Certainly looks the dogs though :cool:

brewsta
Dec 12th, 2006, 16:59
I really like the V50 2.0 D. Plenty of power. I was in a new S80 with the D5 and it was much noisier -- sounded like a tank -- in that car anyway.

Leather is nice. Bi-xenons are great.