PDA

View Full Version : S80: - S80 2007 3.2

Willyjohn
Apr 10th, 2018, 09:55
Guys,

Can anyone here recommend the Volvo S80 3.2. I am looking at one for £4000 with 87k on the clock. I can only see one issue which is the rear passenger light cluster which has moisture build up in the inside. I thankyou all in advance for any comments. P.S.....Its either this or I keep searching for the right S60 2.4 (185).

Dibble
Apr 10th, 2018, 21:21
Guys,

Can anyone here recommend the Volvo S80 3.2. I am looking at one for £4000 with 87k on the clock. I can only see one issue which is the rear passenger light cluster which has moisture build up in the inside. I thankyou all in advance for any comments. P.S.....Its either this or I keep searching for the right S60 2.4 (185).

I don't think there are many around. I think, if it's only problem is the rear light cluster I would be snapping it up. Is this the engine with the Toyota input?

Bruce80
Apr 11th, 2018, 08:33
Yes I've seen it on Autotrader, it looks a lovely car FSH etc, I'd go for it if it wasn't for the fact that i've already got a perfectly good 2003 2.4 S80 53K in excellent condition and the fact that I'd probably only get £1500-£2000 for mine if I was lucky.

Mind you that's never stopped me before, sod it I'm going to have a look.

Phew, saved, it's in the wrong country.

As a parting note I was originally looking for an S60 but dropped on my S80 by chance, very happy with mine you can't beat a big luxury barge especially with a 3.2 engine:thumbs_up:

Dibble
Apr 11th, 2018, 16:12
I don't think there are many around. I think, if it's only problem is the rear light cluster I would be snapping it up. Is this the engine with the Toyota input?

I got my manufacturers mixed up. After speaking today to a motor cycling neighbour I realised it was Yamaha and not Toyota I meant. Apparently Yamaha are the experts in timing. Others here will know about this.

Willyjohn
Apr 12th, 2018, 11:52
Dibble,
I am not sure about Toyota's input....my background is Submarines I'm afraid. Would Toyota input be something to praise or be concerned about. I took the S80 out yesterday for a run and it was silky smooth. Thats why come Friday I will be the new proud owner. I have a few mates who are all Master Techs and noone has a bad thing to say about the Volvo. Thankyou all.

GrahamBrown1
Apr 12th, 2018, 18:03
Yamahas input was with the V8 engine. The 3.2 is Volvos own I believe

Dibble
Apr 12th, 2018, 21:23
Dibble,
I am not sure about Toyota's input....my background is Submarines I'm afraid. Would Toyota input be something to praise or be concerned about. I took the S80 out yesterday for a run and it was silky smooth. Thats why come Friday I will be the new proud owner. I have a few mates who are all Master Techs and noone has a bad thing to say about the Volvo. Thankyou all.

Yes. Nothing to do with Toyota and it was the V8 that had the Yamaha input. Anyway, I would still snap it up. I have a 2007, D5 185 and love it. 5 years next month since I bought it and have no intention of changing.
Remember to submit some pictures when you have finally made up your mind and bought it!