PDA

View Full Version : Electrics: - Auto door locks

cx04yww
Dec 3rd, 2006, 21:19
I have read on some forums that it is possible to have the doors lock automatically when driving away. The forum was specifically related to US spec cars. Does anyone know if this is possible to activate on UK spec cars. My car is 55 plate D5 163 Geartronic.

Thanks

tem
Dec 4th, 2006, 13:06
Yes, it is possible.
On the 05 plate it had to be done at a Volvo Dealership.

Not sure about the 55 plate, but on the MY07 it tells you in the Handbook how to do it.

tem.

patl
Dec 5th, 2006, 11:16
Hi, on my 06 plate (D5 183) this happens automatically after exceeeding 7km/h (page 103 of my manual, section Locking and Unlocking).

yatesspud
Dec 6th, 2006, 12:29
I have read on some forums that it is possible to have the doors lock automatically when driving away. The forum was specifically related to US spec cars. Does anyone know if this is possible to activate on UK spec cars. My car is 55 plate D5 163 Geartronic.

Thanks

I
have just spoken to my local dealership and apparently it's easy to do. it's in the menu on the centre consol. Just turn it on i'm told. I will at weekend as wife and kids use it more tham me!

pj41
Dec 6th, 2006, 19:58
Is this something that is available on 06 plated vehicles only?

I have a 54 plated SE.

Thanks.

tem
Dec 7th, 2006, 13:39
Hi,
I am not sure how many Model Years this will be applicable to, but the following instructions are from MY07 Owners Handbook.

Automatic Locking

Automatic locking is activated and reactivated from the control panel in the driver's door

The function operates by locking the doors automatically when the speed of the car exceeds 7 km/h. They remain locked until a door is opened from the inside or when all doors are unlocked from the door panel.

Activating/deactivating automatic locking.

The ignition key must be in position I or II.
Press the READ button in the left-hand stalk switch to acknowledge any messages in the information display.

Locking and Unlocking

Press and hold the button for central locking until a new message for lock status is shown in the information display.

The messages AUTOLOCK ACTIVATED (the car is also locked when it moves) and AUTOLOCK DEACTIVATED respectively are shown in the information display.

I would be interested to know on how many Model Years the above instructions work. As I said in an earlier post I had to take the XC90 MY05 to a Volvo Dealership to get the Automatic Locking activated?

tem.

cosworthy2000
Dec 8th, 2006, 13:38
I'll give it a go on a 2005 55 plate.

ianu
Dec 9th, 2006, 10:05
Hi there - 54 plate (05 spec) - it's in my manual as described - but has 'Option' next to it. Tried going through the message centre route to no avail. It's in for a service next week I'll ask them if they will turn it on for free !

Cheers.

Viper_7
Dec 9th, 2006, 11:36
No, doesn't do it for me either 54 plate again - and no mention of it in the handbook -(

cosworthy2000
Dec 9th, 2006, 19:19
Well, can't find it in the menu, holding the button didn't work...
Will try the maual next.

pj41
Dec 10th, 2006, 17:19
My 05 54 plate SE didn't respond either. Appreciate feedback when you ask dealer as this would be a nice feature to have enabled.

Cheers.

yatesspud
Dec 11th, 2006, 15:43
Is this something that is available on 06 plated vehicles only?

I have a 54 plated SE.

Thanks.

all as far as i know, i have an o5 model

ianu
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:49
Now had the car serviced and asked about activating this. Cost £19 + VAT to add the software apparently (I reckon it's probably just changing a N to a Y in the management system somewhere - ho-hum).
Works a treat now (I've got a 54 plate 05 spec SE).

cx04yww
Dec 17th, 2006, 19:40
Car was serviced last week and garage activated auto door locks FOC. Works fine.

ianu
Jan 3rd, 2007, 21:36
..well done.
Must work on my negotiating skills in 2007.
HNY2U.

Cheers
Ian