PDA

View Full Version : V50 General : - Workshop Manual

Engie
Dec 17th, 2006, 23:35
I rather like the 'Volvo is for life' slogan plus the solid nature of Volvo cars and the rather comfortable seats, but if Volvo owners don't have the 'use and throwaway' mentality of todays culture then they are likely to still own it when it is well out of warranty and may want to service it themselves.

I have looked through previous posts and people are asking where the oil filter is ! I have seen someone asking about replacing cambelts on petrol engines but a Volvo mechanic told me they were maintenance free camchains. A Volvo salesman informed me that the 1.8L petrol and the 2.0L petrol were Ford Duratec engines, then a mechanic informed me that weren't because they had camchains. All very confusing.:hissyfit:

I cannot find 'Workshop Manual' level of detail on any of the engines and thats quite something since I believe that the 2L Diesel is in Ford/Peugeot/Citroen/Jaguars as well ! There does not seem to be a Haynes manual or anything on the web either !

Can someone please let me know where such information is obtained ??:speechless-smiley-6

ptecuk
Dec 18th, 2006, 18:32
Look on ebay, you should find people selling Volvo Vadis Manuals on DVD

mwge
Dec 28th, 2006, 19:54
:Banane45: I am in the same boat Have been looking for a workshop maunual for a volvo v50 diesel and have looked on ebay etc to no avail.

Engie
Dec 28th, 2006, 20:17
Thanks ptecuk I will try and get one of these Vadis DVDs, they seem to be only available on ebay.

It seems that manufacturer now keep information to themselves.

I believe that this is the front end for Ford dealers :

http://www.etis.ford.com/

I suppose one could pose as dealer, but you have to give a credit card because they seem to charge for the information. Perhaps it's then copyright or something since it doesn't seem to leak out.

mybubba
May 24th, 2010, 12:29
it appears that the VADIS manual circulates across the net as a downloadable file VADIS_volvo (Volvo Aftersales Diagnostic Information System)
see also here http://volvoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31071

gunka
May 24th, 2010, 13:13
I rather like the 'Volvo is for life' slogan plus the solid nature of Volvo cars and the rather comfortable seats, but if Volvo owners don't have the 'use and throwaway' mentality of todays culture then they are likely to still own it when it is well out of warranty and may want to service it themselves.

I have looked through previous posts and people are asking where the oil filter is ! I have seen someone asking about replacing cambelts on petrol engines but a Volvo mechanic told me they were maintenance free camchains. A Volvo salesman informed me that the 1.8L petrol and the 2.0L petrol were Ford Duratec engines, then a mechanic informed me that weren't because they had camchains. All very confusing.:hissyfit:

I cannot find 'Workshop Manual' level of detail on any of the engines and thats quite something since I believe that the 2L Diesel is in Ford/Peugeot/Citroen/Jaguars as well ! There does not seem to be a Haynes manual or anything on the web either !

Can someone please let me know where such information is obtained ??:speechless-smiley-6
volvo do use a ford engine but slightly modified with a timing chain. i was told the s40 is based on the ford focus and some parts are interchangeable. there is a haynes manual which covers the s40 and v40 petrol and diesel from 2004 to jun 2007. manual number 4731

mybubba
May 28th, 2010, 00:47
haynes not particularly good (as mentioned elsewhere). u better off getting hold of vadis or vida software (incidently haynes in part if not largley based on the former)