PDA

View Full Version : Body/Trim: - V8 front air intake chrome trim

bircham
Dec 22nd, 2006, 13:57
I wonder whether anyone is able to help...

I am looking at the possiblity of getting the chrome surround that goes on the V8 front air intake for my D5. I lost the site in the US that mentioned that they did it a lot in the states - it seemed that it is just like the rear chrome bootlid strip - it just sticks into place.
I have not been able to find out any information about it, like suppliers etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

ianu
Dec 30th, 2006, 20:15
Hi Jon,
I'd posted exactly the same question on one of the United States forums and got this link back:
http://www.bostonvolvo.com/cart.htm?cmp=SH...1c7eb33fa4ecabc

Quite a few other nice bits on there too. I haven't tried ordering the part yet - but will give it a go and let you know how I get on (unless you beat me to it ?).

There are some chrome number plate trims which obviously only fit American shape plates - I have a pair of chrome plastic ones from Halfords which compliment the car very nicely actually - especially the rear tailgate.

bircham
Dec 31st, 2006, 09:14
Thanks for that ianu that is exactly what I am looking for!

They are dirt cheap as well - $33 dollars is about 15£ at the moment isn't it?

I wonder if those parts are avaible in the UK? Maybe a call to my local parts agent is worth a try. If no then I am sure that if they do deliver to the UK that the P&P couldn't be that much, and there would be no duty to pay due to it's cost. (?)

I might send them an email.

Thanks again,

Jon.

ianu
Jan 3rd, 2007, 21:33
Hi Jon,
I've placed an order - which I've had an e-mail confirmation of - but I'm expecting a mail confirming shipping cost - I'll keep y'all posted.

Contact details on the bottom of the mail:
Thank you for choosing Boston Volvo Village. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 888.608.0051 or by email at webleads@bostonvolvo.com.

Cheers
Ian
PS Worth noting if they are now available in the UK because of the V8 availability - the V8 model in the UK has a different shape slot in the bumper as it will be the 2007 shape......it has a tapered opening rather than straight if you know what I mean ?

streff
Jan 4th, 2007, 10:51
I have had one on my car (D5) for 6 months now! also got it from boston volvo. looks great.

ianu
Jan 20th, 2007, 21:29
..just got my parcel from Boston Volvo - total cost including some fancy dustcaps with the Volvo logo on - $78. $38 of which was shipping - still not too bad at todays exchange rate.
Spoke to 'John' who seems to deal with the on-line orders and he was very very helpful.

Looks good and still pretty cheap I reckon.

Pedro Fandango
Jan 20th, 2007, 21:42
PS Worth noting if they are now available in the UK because of the V8 availability - the V8 model in the UK has a different shape slot in the bumper as it will be the 2007 shape......it has a tapered opening rather than straight if you know what I mean ?
it may still be worth trying the main stealer over here, i brought US spec badges for my 850 direct from the dealer even tho they were never available on a UK car. They were still on the shown/numbered on there parts diagram & ordered them in, they even turned up next day