PDA

View Full Version : V50 Electrics : - indicators stop flashing when I lock the car

webbie
Jan 5th, 2007, 19:57
does anyone else suffer from this:

I like to see the indicators flash when I lock or unlock the car but sometimes when I do this they dont flash.

I then have to look in the car settings menu on the dashboard and select them back to on. I also have to select the homesafe and approach lighting duration back to on as well?

I will ask my dealer about it when it's next in but I dont plan on taking in for another 6000 miles so if there's a quick fix or if someone knows what to do then let me know

thanks

Webbie

stevebrassett
Jan 5th, 2007, 20:50
My V50 does the same - I haven't taken it back to the dealer, yet.

T_Rifles
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:43
Check all doors, bonnet and boot are closed properly.

webbie
Jan 8th, 2007, 20:21
Check all doors, bonnet and boot are closed properly.

will do.

it did it again today, I only went 5 miles then when I got out they didnt work although they worked 10 minutes earlier.

I'll check the drivers door connections and report back once the weather improves a bit

thanks

Webbie

MarkE
Jan 8th, 2007, 21:00
So you're saying the car is actually forgetting its settings for the lights and indicators, and you have to change them back every time? If so then it's an ECU issue rather than something like a door switch.

webbie
Jan 8th, 2007, 21:50
yup it is forgetting it's settings like you say only sometimes it doesnt forget for weeks then other days it seems to forget everytime you go near it ?

MarkE
Jan 10th, 2007, 19:51
yup it is forgetting it's settings like you say only sometimes it doesnt forget for weeks then other days it seems to forget everytime you go near it ?

Definitely an ECU problem, then. Dealer time, methinks.

Multiplex
Jan 15th, 2007, 18:56
Definitely an ECU problem, then. Dealer time, methinks.

Have to agree, although it could well be a software problem. Needs reporting to Volvo.