PDA

View Full Version : V50 Electrics : - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

webbie
Jan 8th, 2007, 20:16
almost starting to sound like I got a lot of problems with my car but does anyone else notice that sometimes that damn rear view mirror wont auto dim.

I seem to notice it if a Focus is behind so dont know if it's a different type of headlamp bulb fitted to them not activateing the mirror or maybe I just have a dodgy mirror

If I put my hand up above the mirror and press the plastic bar that comes down the screen to the mirror it goes all blue and dark like it's meant to but when I remove my hand it brightens back up, but the next car along makes it go dark ?

anyone else have any problems?

Webbie

Viper_7
Jan 8th, 2007, 21:03
Mine was a bit hit and miss as well (S60) in the end I asked the dealer to adjust the senstivity and it seems to have done the trick.

What's the little plastic bar you speak of? some kind of manual override option?

webbie
Jan 8th, 2007, 21:52
What's the little plastic bar you speak of? some kind of manual override option?

No, just the cover for the wires going from the top of the screen down to the mirro, I think ?

Adjusting sensitivity sounds likea good idea, does the dealer need to plug something in to do that or can I do it at home ?

Webbie