PDA

View Full Version : D5 auto didn't want to start today

andyv40turbo
Dec 5th, 2019, 17:58
Cold morning today so I went out and started the car with heat on everything and after about 5 mins as I was walking past the engine turned off. I tried to start it 3 or 4 times with crank but no start. Keys out and tried again a few times. Left it 10 mins and tried again to which it started no problems.... Does Volvo have an auto off if no one is on the seat feature or similar? Car is d5 auto with 96k. No warnings appeared on the dash but now a little wary!

cheshired5
Dec 6th, 2019, 13:36
What was the fuel level and was the car parked on an incline?

domhart10
Dec 6th, 2019, 15:26
No they dont have an "auto off", mine is left to warm up before I get back in and go.

as mentioned by cheshired5, sounds like a fueling issue. Do these have changabe fuel filters?

dingov70
Dec 6th, 2019, 18:16
My P3 V70 sometimes does not respond to button . i remove fob and go through start up sequence again BUT STOMP on brake pedal & away it goes . It may be you had not pressed hard enough on brake pedal or possibly your brake switch is a little tired

Keep us posted please :teeth_smile:

andyv40turbo
Dec 7th, 2019, 13:04
Hmmm I thought even if it did have an auto off it should have started ok, level ground 100 miles left in the tank. I may not have pressed the pedal but it was already running at this point.

I'm thinking injectors or fuel filter, thing is ive taken it out twice since on short journeys with no issue starting first time. But now a little wary...