PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) Electrics : - Electric window problem

tealmist
Dec 15th, 2019, 22:19
Hi,
I have just got a 2005 s40 SE which I'm happy with so far. However there seems to be a problem with the auto up/down feature of both FRONT electric windows. I know the switches are 2 stage function (press briefly to open manually or press further for auto feature).
Also total closure/open feature on key fob will open/close windows depending on which button is pressed, am I correct?

My problem is the auto up/down feature doesn't work on the front windows either via the window switches or via the key fob (but will on the rear windows).
Any ideas please as it's so annoying.

Tealmist

IainG
Dec 16th, 2019, 07:18
Hi
On my V50 a few years ago. The front passenger window froze shut. I had tried the auto open. When it was finally un frozen the window only worked on manual. I thought it had broken as would only work on manual for over a week then suddenly started working normally in auto again.
Can only assume a unit reset itself..
Worth checking if there is a method of resetting the window modules first.
Fuse removal/battery disconnect???

Iain

pinballdave
Dec 16th, 2019, 11:14
If the door modules 'forget' the top and bottom limits for the window the auto open/close will no longer work.

Try recalibrating the window, by pressing the button to lower the window fully and keep holding it down for about ten seconds, then repeat with the button to raise the window and again hold the button for ten seconds after the window has fully raised.

Welton
Dec 16th, 2019, 11:36
If the door modules 'forget' the top and bottom limits for the window the auto open/close will no longer work.

Try recalibrating the window, by pressing the button to lower the window fully and keep holding it down for about ten seconds, then repeat with the button to raise the window and again hold the button for ten seconds after the window has fully raised.

Indeed, but I'd say 10 seconds is a bit much, I'd say only about 3 seconds...I'm sure the window also does a small movement to 'confirm' it knows where it is....then you can release the button.

tealmist
Dec 16th, 2019, 20:28
Indeed, but I'd say 10 seconds is a bit much, I'd say only about 3 seconds...I'm sure the window also does a small movement to 'confirm' it knows where it is....then you can release the button.

Thanks guys, I tried this and it works:teeth_smile:, no more holding switches down (especially when I have to reverse into parallel parking space outside my house):regular_smile: