PDA

View Full Version : C30 General : - VOLVO C30 R-DESIGN 1.6 - strange sound from engine

newvolvoloverc30
Dec 29th, 2019, 01:08
Hi all!

I own this Volvo (VOLVO C30 R-DESIGN 1.6 2009) for last 4 weeks.

I relay like this car but today after not long ride (30min) when i parked (and engine ruining in neutral) i heard this strange sound (probably) coming from (right) driver side -near the engine.
This sound start few second after i start car and pressing clutch dont have impact on it.
I need to mention than car have new alternator fit in few weeks ago.
Do you know what could be wrong whit my Volvo?
Im including video where you can here this sound:
b8ByshfrOws
Thanks for any help
T.

lockstock
Dec 29th, 2019, 09:02
Hi all!

I own this Volvo (VOLVO C30 R-DESIGN 1.6 2009) for last 4 weeks.

I relay like this car but today after not long ride (30min) when i parked (and engine ruining in neutral) i heard this strange sound (probably) coming from (right) driver side -near the engine.
This sound start few second after i start car and pressing clutch dont have impact on it.
I need to mention than car have new alternator fit in few weeks ago.
Do you know what could be wrong whit my Volvo?
Im including video where you can here this sound:
b8ByshfrOws
Thanks for any help
T.

video is private

newvolvoloverc30
Dec 29th, 2019, 11:50
video is private

sorry - its public now.
T.

bugsb
Dec 29th, 2019, 14:32
whats the mileage, does the car have any history , cambelt/ waterpump change.
it sounds like a pulley /bearing but with out being there with engine running bonnet up and wheel off to find the area it comes from its hard to say . an old trick is remove the aux belt start the car if its gone that narrows it down.

lockstock
Dec 29th, 2019, 18:07
whats the mileage, does the car have any history , cambelt/ waterpump change.
it sounds like a pulley /bearing but with out being there with engine running bonnet up and wheel off to find the area it comes from its hard to say . an old trick is remove the aux belt start the car if its gone that narrows it down.

second this, Ive heard an intermitent compressor clutch failure sound a bit like this. Does it go away if you turn AC off on the centre console?

Thassos
Dec 29th, 2019, 18:17
Is this a petrol or diesel 1.6 ?

as bugsb suggests removing the aux belt is a very good way to identify if its something on the aux belt run that is the culprit ,

Another key question - were you getting the noise before the new alternator ?