PDA

View Full Version : C30 Electrics : - C30 t5 throttle body.

madmalky
Jan 12th, 2020, 21:13
Evening all. I have c30 se lux t5 2007. Been having problem with p2135 code and being constantly in limp mode for some time. Had it in at volvo twice to the cost of £600. They told me it was throttle body. I have replaced it twice and still the same. Also had it at an auto electric garage who told me they couldn't find a fault in the wiring. I've cleaned all connections on throttle body, ecu and cem etc. I'm 100% sure it's the wiring between throttle body and ecu. Does any one have a wiring diagram for which wires run to ecu fron throttle body. Any help much appreciated before I sell the bloody thing with frustration 😆😆
Cheers malky

FunkyMelon
Jan 13th, 2020, 14:04
It's likely a connection issues from the pedal sensor to the CEM.

I'd be asking for a refund for the throttle body - Was £600 for one + their time??

madmalky
Jan 14th, 2020, 21:47
Cheers for the reply. I've bought and replaced the throttle body myself. I've also replaced accelerator pedal and cleaned all connections. Volvo had it in on vida/dice and told me the first time there was nothing wrong with it although it was in limp mode when I gave it to them. They cleared the codes and done a update. Then drove it for 80 miles and then charged me nearly £400 for the privilege. Then it happened again not long after that put it back in to volvo who plugged it back in. They told me they couldn't get the throttle body to marry up to the car properly and it was a faulty throttle body. So I got a 3rd throttle body and it's exactly the same. However I was playing around with some of the wires from ecu to throttle body and the code went out for 1st time in about 3 months. I would splice into wires and just rewire from throttle body to ecu if I knew which wires go to ecu.

lockstock
Jan 14th, 2020, 23:19
Cheers for the reply. I've bought and replaced the throttle body myself. I've also replaced accelerator pedal and cleaned all connections. Volvo had it in on vida/dice and told me the first time there was nothing wrong with it although it was in limp mode when I gave it to them. They cleared the codes and done a update. Then drove it for 80 miles and then charged me nearly £400 for the privilege. Then it happened again not long after that put it back in to volvo who plugged it back in. They told me they couldn't get the throttle body to marry up to the car properly and it was a faulty throttle body. So I got a 3rd throttle body and it's exactly the same. However I was playing around with some of the wires from ecu to throttle body and the code went out for 1st time in about 3 months. I would splice into wires and just rewire from throttle body to ecu if I knew which wires go to ecu.
this is insane, why did you pay £400 for what amounted to diagnostic and code clear??? call Volvo head office, someones having a laugh with that. Also, you then paid for them to fit a new TB after you had replaced it twice already??? over what time period, were they second hand TB or something?