PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a remote central locking / alarm system

Alker
Jan 17th, 2020, 22:18
Fitting an alarm and central locking actuation system to the V50 ..? I think this car I've got here has had a cloned cem , which originated from a vehicle with KVM. Key auto entry.. and doesn't show the rrx in Vida (despite one being connected )... As a result, neither key fobs work , although key does start the car.

I'm now thinking , rather than doing work replacing / purchasing a cem , or having keys programmed .. just fit a stand alone alarm system that actuates the central locking . Which does work on the button inside the car.. anyone had any experience on doing this ?

lockstock
Jan 17th, 2020, 23:22
Fitting an alarm and central locking actuation system to the V50 ..? I think this car I've got here has had a cloned cem , which originated from a vehicle with KVM. Key auto entry.. and doesn't show the rrx in Vida (despite one being connected )... As a result, neither key fobs work , although key does start the car.

I'm now thinking , rather than doing work replacing / purchasing a cem , or having keys programmed .. just fit a stand alone alarm system that actuates the central locking . Which does work on the button inside the car.. anyone had any experience on doing this ?

not personally but I know the control modules in these cars are a fibre optic network system so I think you would have to fully wire the whole system down to relays in each door/lock

Alker
Jan 18th, 2020, 08:35
Yes , considered this , but if you just tap into the drivers door main locking relay / switch ( which actuates the whole car) , then you can in theory lock / unlock all doors from this single switch..