PDA

View Full Version : Parking sensors

karlB
Jan 25th, 2020, 12:58
Hi to all again, ok so I have just encountered a situation of when I put the car into reverse the audio warning noise comes on straight away before the car even moves, does anyone know what the issue is most likely to be.

marsdalebear
Jan 25th, 2020, 14:33
Hi to all again, ok so I have just encountered a situation of when I put the car into reverse the audio warning noise comes on straight away before the car even moves, does anyone know what the issue is most likely to be.

I believe that this is what it is supposed to do.
" I am about to reverse" rather than "I am reversing"

karlB
Jan 26th, 2020, 11:26
I believe that this is what it is supposed to do.
" I am about to reverse" rather than "I am reversing"

No sorry it doesn't work like that, when reverse is selected no audible sound is sent until you reach a proximity from an object then the audible sound will begin beeping intermittently until you reach what is a safe distance away from a static object where you are about to park then the audible sound will then turn into a solid sound rather than a gradual beeping.

karlB
Jan 26th, 2020, 11:29
Hi, the fault seems to have rectified itself, ?

andyf117
Jan 28th, 2020, 16:30
I have this intermittently, and always have in the four-and-a-half years I've had the car; it tends to happen when it's been quite wet and/or cold, but with no consistency - sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't!
I've always put it down to moisture affecting one or more of the sensors; if it gets really annoying, I'll just switch them off temporarily - doesn't fix it, just stops the noise!

andyv40turbo
Jan 28th, 2020, 16:47
Is there any muck on them?

FunkyMelon
Jan 28th, 2020, 21:55
Have also had this a few times, I go into reverse and it beeps solid straight away. Goes away if I restart the car.

I tend to just hit the 'exit' button to turn them off and park through the magic of sight for a change :)

LizardOfBodom
Jan 29th, 2020, 12:22
In my cases it happens only if sensors are very dirty and falsely detects obstacle. It basically beeps constant-on just like you put it in R being 2inches from the wall.
Happened once without reason but then DICE registered a fault code of "voltage too high, Parking sensor fault". It happens.