PDA

View Full Version : Park assist service required

MDS40
Jan 30th, 2020, 18:29
I got this message after my car was parked up for 2 weeks while i was in hospital. It worked fine before that.
I have now run vida diagnostics which shows sensor 4 low, although i cant hear any of the sensors "ticking".

The plan is to purchase a genuine Volvo sensor as some research shows cheaper versions don't always work.
According to Haynes the bumper removal is easy, Is it??
I guess i have no other way of getting at it with a full removal?

Do i need a new retainer or just the sensor and is it best to paint the sensor before fitting or will touch up paint after be ok?.
Any comments/help will be taken on board.

Malc

Spikke
Jan 31st, 2020, 14:27
I replaced one of the rear sensors on my car with one from eBay (£8) three years ago, still going strong.

Rear bumper removal is straight forward, just be careful when you do remove it as it has a tendency to pivot upwards which can lead to scratched paintwork.

I didn't need a new retainer and I would advise painting your replacement before fitment.

Numenius
Feb 4th, 2020, 15:47
I replaced one of the rear sensors on my car with one from eBay (£8) three years ago, still going strong.

Rear bumper removal is straight forward, just be careful when you do remove it as it has a tendency to pivot upwards which can lead to scratched paintwork.

I didn't need a new retainer and I would advise painting your replacement before fitment.

If its not a silly question, how do you tell which one is defective? I have this fault code too and no beeping whatsoever so am unsure how to diagnose what exactly is wrong.

MDS40
Feb 5th, 2020, 10:05
I had to use Volvo Vida/Dice software which showed number 4 signal low.

However if you buy the ebay sensors at £10 appx each you may be better to change all 4 as opposed to a genuine Volvo one at £68.
That way if you don't have access to the Volvo software you save on paying a garage to diagnose it, that's assuming it a sensor rather than a wiring or module fault.

MDS40
Feb 16th, 2020, 11:42
Update.

In the end i fitted a £10 sensor from the bay which has been working fine.
A big saving on the Volvo price.
Also only needed to pull back one side of the bumper to gain access to number 4 sensor.:regular_smile:

mark2410
Mar 20th, 2020, 21:40
i have the same problem here, but i dont know which sensor i the problem. i do have a bluetooth obd2 sensor but not sure how to get it to specify the problem.

Could anyone recommend where near edinburgh ot get it diagnosed and fixed at a reaonable cost?

MDS40
Mar 21st, 2020, 17:53
Cant help with diagnostics in Scotland but 4 x ebay sensors = £40 which will be much less than getting a garage to diagnose it. cost of Volvo paint £10 appx
Very easy to remove the bumper and change them all at a total cost of £50

mark2410
Mar 23rd, 2020, 14:13
yeah ive seen that its supposedly super easy but im not not really a manual labour kinda person for actually getting my hands dirty, plus id be worried about breaking something. Id be more comfortable with someone that knows what they are doing even if it cost a bit more than doing myself.

Mind you volvo said they want £100 just to look at it, which they can go get stuffed.