PDA

View Full Version : General: - Series 2 C70 ECU Replacement

MickyNoNuts
Jan 30th, 2020, 21:00
I recently purchased a "salvaged" ECU for my C70. The Seller said it required installation by an electrician, but nothing complicated was involved, "any Sparks could do it". But they can't, What prep is required to change the ECU and is a dedicated Tool or Programmer required to install it?

domhart10
Jan 31st, 2020, 08:12
You will need to get someone who knows what they are doing to swap the ECU's, You arent that far from Shemtek by Newark.

You cannot just install another ECU on your car.

OlsBean
Jan 31st, 2020, 11:50
I've just had the ECU replaced on my S40, it took us 2 attempts to get it working right and double expense for my trouble. The old ECU needs to be cloned to the New ECU.

Here are few pointers to follow when swapping out the old and then replacing the new (wish I had known these the first time). Make sure the Battery is disconnected for at least 5 minutes before removing the old ECU, also if you have a Keyless entry car make sure the key fob is no where near the car during this time. Installation, once again as above (including making sure the keyfob is no where near the car), then reconnect the battery and wait a few minutes, switch on the side lights of the car, and then turn on the ignition but do not start the car, wait a few minutes with the Dashboard Lights on etc, then switch the ignition off. Then Lock and unlock the car 4 times, (then with sidelights still on), start the car.

Also I dealt with a few "Questionable" ECU repair companies along the way, the one I found to be the most competent and knowledgeable was the ECU Doctor 01752 346437