theharomaster
Feb 16th, 2020, 21:49
hello guys
my CD player won't eject cd's plus sometimes I get an error message
can I replace cd unit without any problems or are they coded
many thanks

alexstanleyv50
Feb 18th, 2020, 11:21
Take a look HERE (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=150522&page=2)

I wonder if you are experiencing the same symptoms. It's more common than you would think.

theharomaster
Feb 23rd, 2020, 19:14
I've been told you can't replace the cd unit

lockstock
Feb 23rd, 2020, 20:58
I've been told you can't replace the cd unit

the system is coded, the mechanical part of the CD mechanism is not. So, you buy a second hand CD unit. and swap the mechanism into your unit, retaining the coded electronics.

ElChris
Feb 29th, 2020, 09:43
the system is coded, the mechanical part of the CD mechanism is not. So, you buy a second hand CD unit. and swap the mechanism into your unit, retaining the coded electronics.

How do you do this? My CD changer is making a right old racket when I start my car up. Is there a link to a video or anything? I have heard the recoding is expensive. I have not had any luck finding anything on fixing thus far

lockstock
Feb 29th, 2020, 17:37
How do you do this? My CD changer is making a right old racket when I start my car up. Is there a link to a video or anything? I have heard the recoding is expensive. I have not had any luck finding anything on fixing thus far

I'm not sure about the CD changer, the pics i saw on another thread were the single cd slot repair. I'm not sure where ,, but you should find, thereay have been a vid