PDA

View Full Version : power steering pump

DaMoZ
Feb 18th, 2020, 15:02
Hi all,I need some help with an electric power steering pump,I'm using one from a V50 in a conversion and am trying to figure out the wiring, mainly the 3 wire plug, I have discovered that one wire switches the pump on, but I'm looking at the other two assuming there for pump speed, can anyone shed some light. Thank you.
( I did try the search button, but for some reason it didn't work)

Clan
Feb 18th, 2020, 16:33
Hi all,I need some help with an electric power steering pump,I'm using one from a V50 in a conversion and am trying to figure out the wiring, mainly the 3 wire plug, I have discovered that one wire switches the pump on, but I'm looking at the other two assuming there for pump speed, can anyone shed some light. Thank you.
( I did try the search button, but for some reason it didn't work)

There are two network wires which connect to the cars control system , I doubt whether the pump will work on it's own .. It gets control signals to turn it on when the steering wheel is moved for example . It may give less pressure the faster you go also . The motor will not run all the time at full power ..

DaMoZ
Feb 18th, 2020, 17:52
Right ok, that didn't help, the pump is fitted, plumed and wired up to the point it switches on and runs, I just need to work out how to make the pump run with more pressure. If not my other thoughts is the high pressure line. part of it is original steel, rest hydraulic hose, I'm wondering wether the hose is too large in diameter and I'm loosing pressure.

Clan
Feb 18th, 2020, 20:31
Right ok, that didn't help, the pump is fitted, plumed and wired up to the point it switches on and runs, I just need to work out how to make the pump run with more pressure. If not my other thoughts is the high pressure line. part of it is original steel, rest hydraulic hose, I'm wondering wether the hose is too large in diameter and I'm loosing pressure.

The hoses wont make any difference , its probably on the idling mode awaiting it's instuctions from the Main computer in the car .