PDA

View Full Version : Are Steering Shaft bushes same on a 1968 124gt & a 70s 140

greaserleo
Mar 21st, 2020, 08:40
My steering is wandering and I'm.replacing various bushes etc. I want to replace the steering column bushes but can't find the parts. It's not the round donut bush that earlier Amazon's have but the split shaft with the separate bushes.

I found some for a 1970s 140 and think they may be the same (SuperPro Polyurethane Front Intermediate Steering Shaft Car Bushes)

Triple-S
Mar 21st, 2020, 08:47
Hmmm, I've never thought of that problem even though I have had both models. Somehow I doubt it, but if you have a spare hour or so (!) have a look at the on-line catalogue of parts on gcp.se/katalog and check part numbers out.
It won't give dimensions and we all know some older Volvo items are identical across several models, but its a start.
P

mocambique-amazone
Mar 21st, 2020, 09:56
IIRC they are not the same.
140 are even harder to find.
There are poly solutions. Good luck, Kay

greaserleo
Mar 21st, 2020, 13:22
*123gt*

my steering is wandering and i'm.replacing various bushes etc. I want to replace the steering column bushes but can't find the parts. It's not the round donut bush that earlier amazon's have but the split shaft with the separate bushes.

I found some for a 1970s 140 and think they may be the same (superpro polyurethane front intermediate steering shaft car bushes)

Volvo_133
Mar 21st, 2020, 17:29
By referring to steering column bush, do you mean the supposedly collapsible column bush? The older Amazon used the doughnut type with straight column shafts. The later type has individual bushes and pins and the column shaft is cranked at the joining part. Both types are held by Brook house Volvo though are not a cheap item for the later type.
I have replaced mine on a 1970 amazon due to wandering and they have improved its handling.