PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Amazon Heater Control Valve

skysurfer
Mar 29th, 2020, 19:58
I have just removed the non-functioning original heater control valve from my Amazon which has seen better days. A few months ago I bought the aftermarket heater control valve (Scandix)from Brookhouse but it came with no instructions and Brookhouse are currently closed. Does anyone have a copy of the instructions they can post on the forum or photos showing one in situ? I understand that it's a fairly common replacement for the original control valve. Many thanks.

Ron Kwas
Mar 30th, 2020, 00:07
ss;

...strange that they wouldn't include some sort of installation info, but if you post a picture, I'm sure we can help...in the mean time, have a look here: https://www.sw-em.com/Heater_Control_Valve.htm

Cheers

skysurfer
Mar 30th, 2020, 13:32
Thanks as always Ron. As a matter of interest which route does the capillary tube take to the matrix from the heater control valve? I'm aware there are retaining brackets for it under the matrix. Mine was sandwiched between the two halves of the heater control box which will surely have damaged the capillary tube.....

skysurfer
Apr 1st, 2020, 09:28
New Scandix heater control valve now fitted and works a treat. Cheaper and easy to fit in the end despite the lack of instructions. The small photo on the Scandix site of the valve insitu helped somewhat....