PDA

View Full Version : Anybody?

aquabee
Mar 29th, 2020, 20:13
Hi guys,anybody know any information or history or actually know this car please?Its number is ONG 254F,meant to be white according to mot history checker.
many thanks
Will

Burdekin
Mar 29th, 2020, 20:33
Guy has been trying to sell it for a while. Rear is full of filler so assume lots of bodges and rust. See my thread on my Amazon estate and think this ones is probably worse.

Derek UK
Mar 29th, 2020, 21:58
Facebook Potters Bar 28.4.14 in this picture. Was blue and white now white. On eBay for a speculative £20k quite a while ago, but it did look pretty good with big alloys. I have lots of other pics. Buyer be beware plus.

simon roberts
Mar 30th, 2020, 17:25
Last seen on EBay for £8k...

123GT-AMAZON
Mar 31st, 2020, 01:37
I’m sure this was the one that was done in two tone by the chaps in London ( Beario )
With the white roof down to wing level .

Kind regards
Robert.w

Burdekin
Mar 31st, 2020, 07:22
Last seen on EBay for £8k...

Think he dropped it to £7k, realistically probably 2 to 3k is about right, looks like a bodged mess in the pics.

aquabee
Mar 31st, 2020, 09:08
Yes I noticed that,obviously a kombi at 7k peaked my interest, but also suspicions

Burdekin
Mar 31st, 2020, 09:43
Yes I noticed that,obviously a kombi at 7k peaked my interest, but also suspicions

Yeah, it needs a proper restoration. Bubbling coming through, full of filler, panels and doors out of alignment, wrong seats etc etc. My thought is the latest bodged paint job lowers the price because all they’ve done is hide the issues. It hasn’t sold because it looks bad in the pics and imagine worse in the flesh.

Derek UK
Mar 31st, 2020, 11:43
Wedding car? I have other pics in pre restored, all white and blue and white.

aquabee
Mar 31st, 2020, 18:31
Yeah thats the one, shame it's so far gone, really needs saving, Derek UK, would still like to see any photos u may have tho.thanks Will

Derek UK
Mar 31st, 2020, 22:26
The pictures don't actually show much in the way of problems. Here are a few more.

aquabee
Apr 1st, 2020, 18:49
The pictures don't actually show much in the way of problems. Here are a few more.

Yeah that's the thing, from what I can see it looks ok

Burdekin
Apr 1st, 2020, 20:11
Yeah that's the thing, from what I can see it looks ok

Under the rear lights should be a seam but they are gone and this rusts out, same with the arches, bottom section of the rear wing is filled a lot, patch of corrosion in top tailgate in the right hand bottom, panel under the tailgate doesn’t fit properly, tailgates don’t fit properly and I’d bet the rear tailgate is full of filler. The rear of that car is hiding a lot of issues.

Also see the bottom of the rear door, no idea what they have done with that but that’s not how it should be.

old fart
Apr 1st, 2020, 22:47
Also reflectors below rear lamps missing, and holes for those and side trim strips filled or welded up.

aquabee
Apr 1st, 2020, 23:36
Never noticed half that stuff guys,thanks,bit much work for me.

TCD
Apr 4th, 2020, 12:14
Here it is at another stage.

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=101180&country=uk

mocambique-amazone
Apr 4th, 2020, 19:27
I wouldn't touch this car. What a waste of everything....
Sad, Kay

burgundyben
Feb 4th, 2021, 17:30
I see ONG254F is still for sale.

There's another rusty wagon for sale near me too.