PDA

View Full Version : P220 Simoniz exhaust

HWKWallis
Apr 14th, 2020, 13:57
Would anyone here had the experience of fitting the 2“ system to an Amazon Estate.
If so, is there any particular knack to threading the curly over axle pipe through... For the life of me I can't get it past one thing or another.
Note am doing this in the ground and have dropped the vehicle 25mm.

Cheers

Jim

Wmk168
Apr 14th, 2020, 15:17
Hi,
Fitted one to my estate a few months back,with the over the axel pipe I had to jack up the car by the chassis so the axel dropped then the over axel pipe I pasted over at an angle while twisting it.
My problem was loosely fitted it looked brilliant but when bolted up tight the centre pipe was pushed hard up to the floor ,as if the bend was to tight on the twin down pipe.
Ended up putting a standard one back on 😔

heckflosse
Apr 14th, 2020, 15:47
We had one on an estate, it was well made and sounded right, but ground clearance was poor and it hit the floor. Best to fit it on a ramp. may be better heated up in places to get it sitting properly.

HWKWallis
Apr 14th, 2020, 16:25
Thanks both.
Doesn't sound overly promising then.
Will probably do my best to fit up and then take somewhere local when circumstances allow for any attempts at fettling!

Jim

Derek UK
Apr 15th, 2020, 00:58
I think the back box can be a problem on the estate. Not Simons/Jetex but I have a stainless system on my estate and it kept banging underneath close to the back of the main silencer. The floor drops down square just there. Attempts to fix it made little difference until I took the end pipe off and gave it a tweak between a couple of gate posts. Didn't bend it much but was lucky to get it right first time. No problems since.

Burdekin
Apr 15th, 2020, 08:48
Misunderstood the question. Ignore.

classicswede
Apr 16th, 2020, 13:52
The fit is good but as with any system you need to twist the pipes to the correct angle and inserted to the right length. If you can it is much better to fit on a pit rather than on a lift.

My only complaint is on UK roads the steel does not last long and quickly rots out

HWKWallis
Apr 16th, 2020, 15:29
Managed to loose fit the system with the axle straps on full extension. Having tired of nobbly concrete in the back will use that for trying the engine start then get someone with better facilities to address long term.
Had some success on the motorbike using ACF50 corrosion wise so will be using that.

Best

Jim