PDA

View Full Version : V50 G/box : - New Gearbox

Philip Fisher
Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:32
Mine has just had a new Gearbox as it was jumping out of second. Anyone else experienced this problem?

pukka
Jan 26th, 2007, 16:02
i have a problem with mine jumping out of 4th gear, when the engine is de-reveing (is that even a word.) going down hill. wonder if it the same problem?

how is the new gearbox? does it feel as good as the old one?

Philip Fisher
Jan 26th, 2007, 21:27
Yes, it was on the over run when coming down hill and using engine braking and I noticed it in second. I was told that it is a known problem and the warranty repair was authorised without much hassle.

The new box does not feel as good as the old one, but I think that it is just that they have not got the linkages aligned correctly. Must go back to the dealer - again!

I would recommend that if you are having a problem, and it is your car, then you do go for the replacement - even though it will be a painful experience involving a Volvo dealer......

Cheers

pukka
Feb 14th, 2007, 14:25
well the car went in for a service yesterday and they took it for a test drive and sure enough if jumped out of gear.. so its having a new gearbox next week.. kept them busy.

faults to date

leaking rear washer hose (where the one way valve is)
leaking shark fin
new gearbox
wind noise on the drivers door when traveling over 60mph
they is a shaking of the steering wheel when going over 80mph (but they could not replicate it) :(

i think thats it..

Paul

BOB LEEDER
Mar 13th, 2007, 21:11
I See You Had Wind Noise Around Drivers Door . What Was The Cure