PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav/Phone: - Can you connect nokia phones to phone system

Pauloc
Jan 30th, 2007, 20:40
Hi Guys,
I just got a 2004 XC90 today, happy days!! But I dont know if i can connect my nokia 6230i phone directly to the in car phone system? Or do i have to get a additional piece of kit to do this?
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Regards

Pauloc

Genghis
Feb 5th, 2007, 14:58
Hi

I presume you have the inbuilt Sat Nav and phone system.

Your phone itself does not connect to the phone system in the car (some newer cars do via bluetooth). To get your phone working you simply take out your SIM card from your mobile (tiny thing normally behind the battery on a Nokia) and then put it into the car. It's near the stereo towards the right - you push it in and then a part of it springs out - you put your SIM in there and then click the part back in (careful not do it too hard it's a bit fiddly) then turn the "car phone" on by holding down one of the buttons on the stereo and you'll find it works a treat. This is slightly annoying as you have to remove the SIM card and swop them between your phone and the car. Some people get around this by having two SIM cards for the same number. I normally just swop the cards when going on a long car journey

Hope this helps

DJBuk29
Feb 15th, 2007, 14:32
Check out this thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28015

I have a Nokia 6230i and I am sure it cannot connect to the phone system. Get the second SIM or swap SIMS and chaeck out that thread.