PDA

View Full Version : V50 AC : - Climate Control Fault

surfdude
Feb 9th, 2007, 07:18
The Climate Control on my '06 V50 2.0DSE packed up this morning.

Driver's side works ok, but I can't get any warm air to blow on the passenger side.
At normal settings (around the 21c mark) it blows cold onto the passenger, (which the driver's side tries to make up for by blowing hot!)
When it's set to "Hi", nothing comes out of the passenger vents at all.

Almost as if the valve on the hot air supply is stuck closed.

Any "quick check" ideas before I trek back to the dealer would be appreciated!
ta!

C Davey
Feb 9th, 2007, 13:31
Had this on mine over the summer.
Rectified it by presing every single combination on the vent settings, and went from maximum to minimum on the temperature settings. This seemed to stop problem. I assumed this loosened a sticking valve.

C Davey

shandy
Feb 9th, 2007, 13:44
Hi,

I had a similar problem which cleared when playing around with the controls, but it was not a 100% fix.

Since a software update at the dealer, the system has been fine.
Its about the only thing that the dealer has got right........:Dancing_chief:

Good luck.

Wonderboy
Feb 9th, 2007, 16:08
I had exactly the same problem when I first got my V50. Not very good in winter. My fiancee would be frozen on long journeys whilst I was nice and warm on the drivers side!

The dealer eventually fixed it with a software update. No problems with it since...

Jamie

surfdude
Feb 10th, 2007, 14:07
Cheers guys for the advice.

...of course... when I started her up later in the day to take her to the dealer it worked fine again!! Can't beat intermittent faults!

Thanks again - I'll keep it all in mind for when it happens again!

4 forty
Feb 10th, 2007, 14:11
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=32087&highlight=climate

volvo aware of this fault.

paul

7050man
Feb 11th, 2007, 09:50
Last summer mine stuck on fully hot on passenger side only one day on way home from somewhere in the evening. Could not do anything to change the heat output at the time. When car was driven following day, all was fine. Fault has never shown itself again although I did mention to dealer at service time and I have had at least one software upgrade since then.

I'm sure I read here somewhere the other day that this was a bug on early S40s but was fixed with software. Perhaps someone can enlarge on this.