PDA

View Full Version : V50 Engine Turbo : - Time delay in throttle - problem or norm?

pigapumbu
Feb 19th, 2007, 02:02
Hi,

any one experience this before? I have a V50 T5 (2006).

Say I am at the lights. Light goes green. I put my foot down about an inch and leave it there. No more pressing harder. ie maintain that level.

Then for ONE SECOND, NOTHING happens. After this delay, the car engine begins to rise slowly initially for 2 seconds and then picks up exponentially faster. And then it drives like normal and speed goes to about 40mph, there abouts. Odd don't you think?

THis is the same as when I am coasting on the road. Press about an inch deep and maintain and its one second delay before anything happens. Then pick up speed slowly and then exponentially.

Why is there this 1 second where nothing happens. Feels like it is over damped response for the electronic throttle. Anyone also has same or is this unique to my car .. which means a visit to my lovely dealer.

Thanks.

V50/S40 T5 owners reading this thread, please try it when you are in your car. Just press the pedal in a fast stab about an inch deep (or two) and leave it there. then see how long it takes to react first and secondly to build up speed. :speechless-smiley-2

robg
Feb 21st, 2007, 15:45
geartronic i assume? i think thats just how they are. My D5 is the same.

pigapumbu
Feb 21st, 2007, 17:05
geartronic i assume? i think thats just how they are. My D5 is the same.

Thanks for the reply. At least it saves me a trip to the dealership. personally think the delay is a bit too long for my liking. But have to live with it.

cheers