PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) General : - Where are our Memory mirrors?

tigerbalm
Feb 21st, 2007, 13:34
I have a S40 D5 "Luxury" model which in Ireland includes a "power driver seat with memory function". The seat works great!

The thing is that our mirrors don't remember their position depending on what key has been used to open the doors. My wife and I have very different driving positions hence the power seat and we also have very different mirror side mirror positions but they don't change with the key. I asked my dealer about this and they were puzzled as well! Nobody had specifically brought this to their attention before. Anyway an dealer engineer had a poke around and found the following explanation on Volvos Technical Journal website (http://swa.volvocars.com/tieweb/tj/ViewHead.asp)

DESCRIPTION:
From production start, Factory Option 385 has been a combination of "Memory function, Driver Seat" and "Memory function, Door Mirrors".

Product planning has decided to delete the memory function on the door mirrors, and this has been introduced in production as running change during Model Year 2005.

PRODUCTION MODIFICATION:
Factory Option 385 is changed to "Memory function, Driver Seat" only.

SERVICE:
The memory function for Door Mirrors is not available anymore on cars above the given chassis numbers.

Before I question Volvo Ireland about this I was wondering if the same rules apply in other countries (UK, Belgium, etc). Has anybody else noticed this and queried it? Anybody got any ideas why?

Cheers as always,

tigerbalm