PDA

View Full Version : General: - SE Sport vs SE Lux

jampott
Mar 9th, 2007, 14:30
I sort of posed this question in another thread...

But looking through the standard specs, the Lux appears to have a fair amount more kit as "standard" - the Sport just has the chassis and wheels (which can't be speced on the Lux) and the Steering (which can)

Just from a quick run-down, and only listing things I'd rather like, the Sport is missing:

Bi-Xenons
Power folding mirrors
Power passenger's seat
Heated Seats
Water repellent door mirror glass

This is probably £1800 worth of extras short of what the Lux has... so is it worth it?

I guess chucking on the Active Bi-Xenon pack for £1000 addresses part of the difference, and maybe £200 for the power folding mirrors with repellent glass, and do without the Power passenger's seat @ £600 would be a fair trade off of £1200 to get the nicer alloys and probably better handling?

Anyone any real world experience?

jampott
Mar 9th, 2007, 14:36
Oh, and I know "Passion Red" is exclusive, but is it a "no cost option" do you have to stump up £xxx as a metallic or pearlescent colour?

GMcL
Mar 14th, 2007, 13:21
Don't get passion red, it's rubbish.

I have an S60 D5 Sport in this colour, in the five months (4,000 miles) I've had it, with very little motorway driving and no gritting where I live, the bonnet (and only the bonnet) looks like it been shot blasted.

In my experience Volvo paint is cr@p. Better to go for a light metallic where hopefully the lacquer can provide some protection or at least the light undercoat is not so obvious.

jampott
Mar 14th, 2007, 14:11
Don't get passion red, it's rubbish.

I have an S60 D5 Sport in this colour, in the five months (4,000 miles) I've had it, with very little motorway driving and no gritting where I live, the bonnet (and only the bonnet) looks like it been shot blasted.

In my experience Volvo paint is cr@p. Better to go for a light metallic where hopefully the lacquer can provide some protection or at least the light undercoat is not so obvious.

The other half currently has a Misano Red A4 Cab and won't entertain the thought of a bright red Volvo XC90 anyway, so I think I'm changing to "black". If its that bad, I might get armourfend for the front end. The paint on my Nissan 350z was terrible, too... very soft and easy to damage.