PDA

View Full Version : Stereo/DVD: - DVD (RSE) Headphones Stopped Working!

JustinXC90
Mar 24th, 2007, 14:25
I have the most bizarre problem.

My car is a 55 plate XC90 with the DVD Rear Seat Entertainment - the DVD changer is mounted in the boot of the car and operated by remote control with wireless headphones, there is also an auxilary input for PS2, etc.

On a trip a few weeks ago the headphones just stopped working - after poking around in the boot I have found the wireless sender. This is where the problem gets very strange.

Everything works fine when the aux input is used - sound is perfect. When the DVD changer is switched on and a disc started the wireless sending unit switches off and there is no sound.

Can't fathom what is going on other than perhaps something in the wiring from the changer is overloading / shorting out the wireless sender.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Justin

rpdmallett
Apr 1st, 2007, 22:27
Hi,

I've experienced the same thing - but my guess is that it was my 7 year old son playing with some settings.

I've managed to confirm that it's not the RF headphone transmitter, but there's no actual left/right audio coming from the DVD player for one of the transmitters. To me, that implies some sort of setting in the DVD player has changed - although a quick look through the menu showed nothing.

Was anybody fiddling with the remote control when the problem happened?

Richard