PDA

View Full Version : Still can the auto dip stick out!

exup
May 2nd, 2007, 10:39
Of the 850T5....I just dont know what I'm going to do apart from take it to a garage and look a right a rse. I know I asked while ago about how they came out, and some said there might be a "clip" type thing at the side, but there's not.

I know it just pull out but doesn't..

warthog
May 2nd, 2007, 18:01
If the dipstick hasn't been out for a while the O ring in the top can dry out and stick making the dipstick quite hard to remove. Keep working it and it should come out. Removing the air inlet duct to the airbox makes access easier without removing skin from your forearms!

adamsky01
May 2nd, 2007, 21:43
wd40 my besy m8 spray on turn knob left then right and pull

exup
May 3rd, 2007, 00:40
Adamsky....I tried that too to no avail...I honestly think I gona look a right a rse and take it a garage...doh!..

"Eh what's the problem here then"..."I cant get the auto dip stick out"...."you just pull it...."I tried, that's why I'm here lol"

adamsky01
May 3rd, 2007, 01:08
Adamsky....I tried that too to no avail...I honestly think I gona look a right a rse and take it a garage...doh!..

"Eh what's the problem here then"..."I cant get the auto dip stick out"...."you just pull it...."I tried, that's why I'm here lol"

fancy a drive down to me and i will fix it for u ? free of charge

CTCNetwork
May 3rd, 2007, 01:43
Hi,

You are moving the spring-clip that helps keep the dip-stick in place?
(Based on my 940 and V90 that have a spring-clip for this)

Des. . . ;)

exup
May 3rd, 2007, 17:08
I got it!!......if twist it anti clockwise a few turn's it come's out....honest to god all that just to check oil...doh.

migrator
May 4th, 2007, 09:00
... and having got it out the level was fine and you didn't really need to get it out!!

Topping it up through that little tube is a real pain.

The joys of running a Volvo!

adamsky01
May 4th, 2007, 13:30
... and having got it out the level was fine and you didn't really need to get it out!!

Topping it up through that little tube is a real pain.

The joys of running a Volvo!

do u no the litle 1 litre bottle they come ith a straw that goes down the pipe lol then it is easey