PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - A useful "Tip" ?

Doctor Who ?
Sep 11th, 2007, 21:52
Hi Y'all 2.4 TIC Drivers ...

I think that I have "Come across" one that is worth sharing.

Air Filter Box. Remove "Blanked" Inlet ?? held in place on mine with a Torx self tapper.Its about roughly the same diameter as the Air Inlet from the Inner Wing though, with the "Plastic blanking piece removed" ... More Air into the Filter ...

monkeh
Sep 11th, 2007, 23:19
To satsfy the chav in me, Was thinking of putting an induction kit on it, I love the sound of the turbo, Maybe that is another way of more air flow?

LVOLVO945
Sep 19th, 2007, 20:19
I 've got massive K&N induction kit fitted in mine 945 D24TiC and you can hear and feel the difference. :Banane32:

jor
Sep 19th, 2007, 23:20
I didn't get a kit, just a K/N filter, which doesn't need changing and which did improve performance. How much was it? Have not seen them advertised.
Where did you get it?

john

LVOLVO945
Sep 20th, 2007, 21:38
I didn't get a kit, just a K/N filter, which doesn't need changing and which did improve performance. How much was it? Have not seen them advertised.
Where did you get it?

john

A friend of mine gave me complete K&N induction kit which came off his BMW 735 and fit really nice on my Volvo 945 D24TiC. Plus I bought custum made S.Steel exhaust, wow what a difference.:Banane45:

jor
Sep 20th, 2007, 22:18
You lucky boy to have such a generous friend!
My efforts in the exhaust line have not been promising, I've sheared one of the 3 nuts holding the front pipe to the middle section in an effort to get at the cat and have decided to leave "as is" rather than risk further damage.
Will keep an eye out for 735 kits though, thanks for the tip.
As you probably know there is a small gain to be had from fitting an electric fan (960), after that it's alterations to the pump.
When I get some money...

john

monkeh
Sep 24th, 2007, 13:05
Ahem...
NO Back box, Side exit... hear that purring 6pot! Thanks for the advice, Will keep an ear out for the bmw kit.

jor
Sep 24th, 2007, 18:57
Doctor, I wonder why only the air box inlet facing the engine is blanked off?
Possibly as the air from the engine is at a higher temperature i.e. less dense. Keep an eye on the condition of the filter if the blank is removed, I bet it blackens up pdq.
BTW LVolvo945 is this the correct kit?
Green Cotton Direct Intake Induction kit BMW E32 730 Item number: 270161936654
Only ₤100!

john