PDA

View Full Version : D5 (D5244T to 2005) - knocking

Stuart Salter
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:10
Hi
Got a knocking noise from front suspension ( i think ) had link rods done both sides but still knocking it sounds like somthing is dropping off but there is nothing to see or feel in anything, it only knocks very intermitantly any ideas anyone car has fsh but 138k 2002 02 d5 auto. PS has anyone got a tunning box going cheap for the above?

JIM C
Nov 4th, 2007, 18:44
I would check the wishbone bushes and ball joints.

Stuart Salter
Nov 7th, 2007, 13:50
I would check the wishbone bushes and ball joints.

It has had the bushes done on the o/s/f, but thete is no play in anything only does it very intermitantly, it is a very loud heavy knock.

outnumbered
Nov 7th, 2007, 20:00
Hi
Got a knocking noise from front suspension ( i think ) had link rods done both sides but still knocking it sounds like somthing is dropping off but there is nothing to see or feel in anything, it only knocks very intermitantly any ideas anyone car has fsh but 138k 2002 02 d5 auto. PS has anyone got a tunning box going cheap for the above?

hi stuart
i have a plug and play that fits the 850 tdi if yours is the same plug at the bottom of the fuel pump you are welcome to try it.
mike
850 tdi

pan1100
Nov 24th, 2007, 23:33
I replaced drop bars and checked all i could think of but in the end such a simple fault.The front disc pads were moving up and down.I could replicate the noise by hitting wheel when jacked up.You could simply apply brakes next time you hear knock and see if it goes away.