PDA

View Full Version : General - D5252T engine Help

richnait
Nov 5th, 2007, 14:22
Hi there i have an 850 tdi estate on a 1996 Nreg,

i have just had to rebuild the top end after cambelt snapped but am having a problem timing the camshaft up found information on crankshaft and pump timing but nothing about timing the camshaft

can anyone help me please

the engine is a D5252T

Many Thanks
Rich:baffled:

jor
Nov 5th, 2007, 16:13
Have a look at the thread by Ian Ferguson on 850 tdi pump timing. There's a timing pump set up doc there, although on a quick view I can't see that the cam is included in the diagram. If you can't get the audi 100 manual yourself send a PM to V70 Windsurfer who will enlighten you further, as he's a bloody nice bloke.

john

richnait
Nov 8th, 2007, 11:38
had a look at that but no cam timing instuctions well def at a brick wall now have tryed audi for help but to no use so only chance is to ask anyone with this type of engine D5252T to take a snap(photo) at tdc timing marks when on tdc at pump belt end
have tryed volvo direct and they only sent info about crankshaft and deasel pump timing
I love volvo cars but i dont think they like me much many problems
many thanks
rich:emoticon_U:

Clan
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:11
There is a flat plate special tool that goes in the pump drive end of the camshaft , you have to remove the pump drive pulley from the end of the camshaft to fit this plate after lifting the cam cover .
With the engine on TDC ( "0" Mark on bottom of flywheel through a hole in the bell housing , and the plate fitted , then fit the cambelt and top camshaft pulley .