PDA

View Full Version : D5 (D5244T to 2005) - tunning box/air filter

Stuart Salter
Nov 9th, 2007, 14:51
Hi
I want to get my 2002 02 s60 d5 auto chipped or what ever, is it worth it £300.00 for a little box are they any good? Called well lane turbo centre in Batley and they wanted £420.00 for ecu upgrade sod that!:cow19:
Which gives the best results for as little money as poss?
Went on www.powerklick.co.uk and they had 3, 2 choose from they said the CRD2 was the best 196 bhp and 450 torque that’s better than the well lane chip. Also been on www.dieselbob.co.uk theirs are about the same price.
Want to get an air filter as well emailed K & N but still haven’t got a reply pipercross do one but don’t know if they are as good as K & N.
Will I get to the magic 200 HP with both? Can they handle it?
Do your have to drive them really steady to get the fuel economy because that is the only way I can justify spending all the money if I get it back on fuel and of cause fun.
I do about 36-40k a year how long will it take for me to be quid’s in?
Sorry about all these question but if it goes BANG after a bit i will be having a:hissyfit:

JIM C
Nov 9th, 2007, 15:15
This may interest you.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=47243

Stuart Salter
Nov 9th, 2007, 15:38
This may interest you.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=47243

Thanks for that think I will go for the powerklick crd2 just think it has to be done.

Ps what mileage have you done since it was fitted, and did you say that the fuel economy has not gone up or down?:blk_md_wht:

JIM C
Nov 9th, 2007, 15:42
I have done about 10,000 miles and the trip computer is no longer accurate since fitting the tunning box. Shows its doing more than it actually is doing. I have found no difference in the fuel consumption since fitting it.

Stuart Salter
Nov 9th, 2007, 17:22
I have done about 10,000 miles and the trip computer is no longer accurate since fitting the tunning box. Shows its doing more than it actually is doing. I have found no difference in the fuel consumption since fitting it.

Thanks for that, it is a bit of an issue that the trip meter is no longer accurate is I get payed .25p mileage per mile. How inaccurate is it now?

JIM C
Nov 9th, 2007, 17:58
I am guessing about 5 or 6 mpg better than its really doing. The other parts are fine apart from the distance left for whats in the tank.

Nov 11th, 2007, 10:06
I think JIM C means that the Mpg readout is not correct but distance in miles is still correct so that wouldn't affect your expences. But I am willing to stand corrected.

Stuart Salter
Nov 15th, 2007, 19:15
Hi
I have put operation go faster into the first stage ordered a K&N filter not bad at £39.60 think that they are better than piper cross. Should increase fuel economy as well fingers crossed.
They always used to say that a K&N would increase HP as well only about 5 to 10 hp which isn’t bad for 40 quid.:Banane32:

Stuart Salter
Nov 20th, 2007, 19:49
Hi
I have put operation go faster into the first stage ordered a K&N filter not bad at £39.60 think that they are better than piper cross. Should increase fuel economy as well fingers crossed.
They always used to say that a K&N would increase HP as well only about 5 to 10 hp which isn’t bad for 40 quid.:Banane32:

K&N is in lets see what tommorow brings more MPG I hope:Banane44:

outnumbered
Nov 20th, 2007, 20:32
K&N is in lets see what tommorow brings more MPG I hope:Banane44:

hi stuart
with the k&n filters watch out for oily particles contaminating the maf.
mike
850 tdi

MrT
Nov 26th, 2007, 19:25
I might have what you'[re after - I've got a DTUK Red Box for sale (163bhp Euro III mapped) - about 190bhp, I think.
Dale

Stuart Salter
Nov 28th, 2007, 15:36
Hi Dale

How much do you want for it, I live in Yorkshire but willing to travel if not too far.

PS WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT!

MrT
Nov 28th, 2007, 16:41
Hi Dale

How much do you want for it, I live in Yorkshire but willing to travel if not too far.

PS WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT!

I bought it on eBay for my '53 S60 D5 auto for about £160 this summer. It definitely produces loads more power, but with mine being a straightforward auto rather than a Geartronic, the extra power wasn't really useful in day-to-day driving (not being able to pick a gear yourself means you can't really get the power where/when you want it). Fantastic performance in a straight line and off the mark, but I live in the city of roundabouts...

It's in perfect working order, and the loom is obviously with it.

I tried selling it on eBay a few weeks ago, but no joy, and would like to make as much back on it as possible. How does £120 including carriage grab you? Or you can come here and I'll even fit it for you...

Dale

Stuart Salter
Nov 28th, 2007, 16:49
I bought it on eBay for my '53 S60 D5 auto for about £160 this summer. It definitely produces loads more power, but with mine being a straightforward auto rather than a Geartronic, the extra power wasn't really useful in day-to-day driving (not being able to pick a gear yourself means you can't really get the power where/when you want it). Fantastic performance in a straight line and off the mark, but I live in the city of roundabouts...

It's in perfect working order, and the loom is obviously with it.

I tried selling it on eBay a few weeks ago, but no joy, and would like to make as much back on it as possible. How does £120 including carriage grab you? Or you can come here and I'll even fit it for you...

Dale

Can you send me private message so we can get in contact with one another. thanks Stuart
Ps does it give more MPG.