PDA

View Full Version : D19 - S40/V40 to 2004 - Crankshaft pulley

cbandy
Jan 25th, 2008, 16:41
Hello everyone. New mwmber here. I need a crankshaft pulley for my v40 1.9D 2001. I live in Spain and the garage have told me it will cost 188 euros :err:

How much would one cost from a scrapyard in the uk as i could ask my father to get one? I really think 188 euros is a lot of money.

cbandy
Jan 28th, 2008, 17:50
Have found a second hand pulley but from a petrol engine. Does anyone know if this will be the same?

jor
Jan 28th, 2008, 22:44
You need someone with a set of VADIS discs who can tell you if the part numbers are the same, which would appear to be unlikely as the engines are presumably completely different from the petrol versions. If you don't get a reply do a search under VADIS and you are bound to find someone. Discs only cost a few quid and I bought a set but unfortunately loading them on the computer was beyond my abilities.
BTW just how does one find oneself in the position of needing a crank pulley?

john

cbandy
Jan 29th, 2008, 15:47
I have a vibration on the auxiliary belt and the garrage said the pulley was wobbling and i need a new one. I thought it a bit strange as well. He also said i might need to replace a tensioner as well but he will do the pulley first. The first price i had for the pulley was 188 euros. When i went in yesterday they quoted me 210 plus IVA (VAT) Thoughts??????

jor
Jan 29th, 2008, 17:49
You really need an owner on that one cbandy. Is the engine the same as on the 440? AFAIK they are both Renault sourced. Two members with VADIS are Micro and woody-som, they could give you the numbers of the v40 and 440 crankshaft pulleys. The 'motorists warehouse car parts' listing (auction site shop) charges 100 notes for a belt kit for the v40, which includes tensioner belts and bolts, but presumably not the crank pulley. Chris Wickers is the section secretary for both 440 and v40s and his mail is clwickersataolcom

john

cbandy
Jan 31st, 2008, 14:10
I have found a pulley from a breakers in England for 40 quid so i think i will buy that one.

Thanks for all your help everyone.