PDA

View Full Version : D5254T (to 2002, Audi) - Will Not Start

kis40
Jan 27th, 2008, 11:18
I have a problem! I had a cambelt snap on my 1998 V70 Tdi (Audi engine). I have replaced the cylinder head etc and have the timing right, also have the pump timing set basically right but can't get the beast to start. Have no supply to the fuel cut off valve. I have tried bypassing the ecu to open the fuel cut off but it still won't start. As I had the battery and ecu off does this mean the ecu needs reprogramming or have I missed something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

craig8661
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:54
did you use your pump or a new one could be a transponder prob allso when i had my pump changed he had to presurerise the tank to push desial up to reprime the pump sorry cant help much

kis40
Jan 27th, 2008, 15:19
Thanks for the reply. Got it started now, guess who got the pump timing one tooth out?! Still at least it was a cheap fix! Comes from trying to rush to finish it yesterday. Oh and for info, you only get the supply to the fuel cut off for about fifteen seconds unless you start the engine, suppose I was too slow with my meter yesterday as well!

craig8661
Jan 27th, 2008, 18:34
glad you sorted it out and got it running again 1 tooth can make so much of a difference lol