PDA

View Full Version : D5 (D5244T to 2005) - Engine remapping

brigell
Jan 28th, 2008, 23:17
Hi,

I have been considering for a few months to have my 2003 v70 D5 (163bhp) remapped.

Reasons for this to give better performance and torque (for pulling caravan). Hopefully better mpg as well.

Has anyone out there had this done? Is the difference noticable? Any problems that I should know? I do not want to risk damaging the car, so would appreciate any opinions.

Thanks.

imac
Jan 28th, 2008, 23:19
Has anyone out there had this done? Yes.

Is the difference noticable? Yes, very.

Any problems that I should know? No. More frequent oil changes are advised - though.

I do not want to risk damaging the car, so would appreciate any opinions. I wouldn't risk damaging the car either, but I've now had it on the car for 18 months and had zero problems or issues.

kez
Jan 28th, 2008, 23:26
i know of a v70 d5 with a rica sport map and he loves it.

almost 50 mpg on the motorway and not hanging about either.

i would if i were you .

kez

gareth71
Jan 29th, 2008, 18:53
I'm giving some serious thought to having this done, as well - every thread I read on here which features posts from people saying how good their Rica remap has made their car pushes me that bit closer to taking the plunge! I live near Chester - how can I find out where is the nearest place to me where I can get it done? Or do people who've had it done already have any strong recommendations of a company who stand out head and shoulders above the rest for this kind of work, and to whom it's worth travelling?

don kalmar union
Jan 30th, 2008, 19:36
MTE have really taken their time bringing some remapping to the market for Volvo's later diesel cars, but I am pleased to say that within a few weeks I will have a full library of MTE written upgrades.

With their usual attention to detail, and unlike their established competitors in this area, there will be an individual map available for each model year.

Price will be £511 including VAT.

Regards, Don.