PDA

View Full Version : D5 (D5244T to 2005) - intercooler

Stuart Salter
Feb 9th, 2008, 18:48
Had intercooler done but noting to see on old one, do they leak with no signs when visually inspected, car goes a lot better now, also had transmission oil changed and auxiliary belt tensioner. They said that very little oil can from gearbox but FSH from dealer and no leaks, where has it gone?

Had a right day, intercooler pipe came off on way home, £639.00 and they still don’t do the job right. Going to tell them off on Monday…………!

Is that it now only had it for 4 months, link rods, cutting out fuel filter, 2 tyres (expensive) gearbox down load, h/brake shoes and now the above……….!

Still love it but I think it hates me never had all these problems before……………………..!

Alec Dawe
Feb 10th, 2008, 09:25
Who and how did they change the transmission oil? Was it a main dealer?
If they just took the drain plug out of the oil pan, you only get what's in the box, not what's in the rest of the system and the torque converter?
There's a method for doing a 'complete' oil change on the auto box, have a search on the forum. (I'm right in thinking it IS an auto?)

Stuart Salter
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:26
Yes its an auto they only drained what was in the box, better than nothing........!

Still dont know about the intercooler but it does go better now...........!