PDA

View Full Version : General - 30 to the gallon in a v70 2.5 diesel! HELP!!!!

samson07968
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:17
Hi, i have a mint condition v70 automatic. I bought it few months back but it wasnt until i tried to work out the mpg that i had a suprise. I took it to a main dealer and they said that the pump timing was out . I let them fix it for a £700!!!! That was that for a few hundred miles. I worked it out again and it had hardly improved. I took it back to volvo who fobbed me off and said that it needed doing and that they could not find anything else wrong with it. iI went to another volvo dealer who changed the mass air flow meter. The car is much more responsive and less retarded but is still only doing just over 30 mpg. Any advice would be greatfull as i am keeping the economy affloat in this car!:lightning:

Sid60ish
Feb 17th, 2008, 22:36
You don't say which engine it is or what kind of driving you routinely do.

I drive an '06 S60 D5 185bhp Geartronic and if I just pootle around on short runs, especially from very cold then park and cold start again, I see around 29mpg, calculated, which really does not surprise me.

On the other hand, a good mix or urban and decent distance sees me over 40mpg, (would be more but the "squirt" away from roundabouts on dual carriageways is addictive).

V70 is a pretty heavy car and auto's are not the most economy-minded of gearboxes.

Berbatops
Feb 18th, 2008, 21:13
I have a 2002 V70 D5 SE 2.4 163bhp automatic. On a mixture of short and medium runs I get about 37 m.p.g. but if I am on a run and keeping it to about 70ish it is more like 47m.p.g.

As mentioned you do not say what sort of driving you do - I suppose lots of short runs with no chance for the car to warm up your m.p.g. will be nothing to write home about.