PDA

View Full Version : D5 (D5244T to 2005) - d5 cambelt tensioner failed at 35k miles!!

scooternick
Mar 16th, 2008, 11:40
just had to have the car recoverd as the tensoiner has failed at 35k miles the belt has cut throught the plastic casing and then fallen off!!!
Have been in touch with volvo who say it might be under warrantry but i think they will try and get out of it even though the belt doesn't need changing until 9ok miles acorrding to volvo I know a few others have had the same problem any one had any joy for volvo in the past want to be armed before I go into the main dealers

Paul Clifton
Mar 21st, 2008, 18:23
If you ask your dealer I think you will find there will be a full waranty echange in your case.

Paul.

petevolvo
Mar 22nd, 2008, 21:57
We've got a D5 in at the moment with 40k on clock - tensioner failed, engine killed. New engine coming from Volvo under warranty. If car is under 4 years and less tha something like 150k on clock (obviously on 2nd belt/tensioner by then) the full cost should be covered. Otherwise - argue!

douglas08
Nov 21st, 2008, 18:47
We've got a D5 in at the moment with 40k on clock - tensioner failed, engine killed. New engine coming from Volvo under warranty. If car is under 4 years and less tha something like 150k on clock (obviously on 2nd belt/tensioner by then) the full cost should be covered. Otherwise - argue!

just had to have the car recoverd as the tensoiner has failed at 35k miles the belt has cut throught the plastic casing and then fallen off!!!
Have been in touch with volvo who say it might be under warrantry but i think they will try and get out of it even though the belt doesn't need changing until 9ok miles acorrding to volvo I know a few others have had the same problem any one had any joy for volvo in the past want to be armed before I go into the main dealers

Hi Scooternick and Petevolvo - I have a post on the V70 section about this, could you let me know your source of info and success rate? Mine has 63k on the clock and engine is a write off due to mounting lug as much as internal damage (engine did not fire on failure so might not have too much internal damage........)

Any help v useful. Cheers, D