PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need a Water Pump!

Grandad Dave
Aug 18th, 2008, 20:00
1996 850 TDI CD - Diesel Manual Gearbox.

Have Water Pump in my hand and it states it is an Audi Part
No 074121 019 C also by it is LBH - all this embossed on the actual housing.

Inside is another number 207505/1 - Impeller Side

I have ordered a part and from our local garage and they have supplied me with a Motaquip Water Pump - but - it is not the same. The impeller is smaller for a start.

Question

I have searched a Volvo supplier on line but I am drawing a blank. Has anyone got any ideas as to where I can go to get the exact replacement?

Photos are of my genuine part water pump fitted to the engine now.

Thanks

Rufe
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:11
Hi mate

I work for a volvo main dealer (as you now know thanks to Jod T5) and can help you with genuine parts supply online. I have been supplying online customers on a few other sites for the past couple of years.

Here is the quote for this water pump for your car (genuine volvo part of course)

WATER PUMP KIT:
P/n: 8692839 (includes 3 new mounting bolts and the sealing ring)
Volvo Price: £82.84 including vat
Our Price: £60.47 including vat, plus postage
Postage: £4.20 Royal Mail Standard Parcel Force
Availability: Would be in the same day or day after ordering, then sent out with Royal Mail.

If you wish to go ahead with this order you can call me on our parts department direct line - 01792 790066 - to give us your delivery and payment details. We are open Monday to Friday 08:30am to 17:00pm. If i am not around please ask to talk to Jeff who is the parts manager and will be happy to take the order on my behalf.

Many thanks,

Simon

phasesonix
Aug 19th, 2008, 17:19
Hi mate

I work for a volvo main dealer (as you now know thanks to Jod T5) and can help you with genuine parts supply online. I have been supplying online customers on a few other sites for the past couple of years.

Here is the quote for this water pump for your car (genuine volvo part of course)

WATER PUMP KIT:
P/n: 8692839 (includes 3 new mounting bolts and the sealing ring)
Volvo Price: £82.84 including vat
Our Price: £60.47 including vat, plus postage
Availability: Would be in the same day or day after ordering, then sent out with Royal Mail.

If you wish to go ahead with this order you can call me on our parts department direct line - 01792 790066 - to give us your delivery and payment details. We are open Monday to Friday 08:30am to 17:00pm. If i am not around please ask to talk to Jeff who is the parts manager and will be happy to take the order on my behalf.

Many thanks,

Simon

Thats a good price-I paid £80 for mine from my volvo stealer.

Grandad Dave
Aug 20th, 2008, 23:01
Simon

Thank you for your message and I just have a few other points that you may be able to help me with.

PARTS

Before I do the call to order Water Pump can you advise on this -

Can you provide me with and maybe include it in the postage a -

Volvo Wheel Cap - (Volvo Garage gave a part number of VO9140405)

QUESTION

I have a slight problem with the air conditioning pump and it is either the clutch or bearing that is gone on the pulley.

Do you know if I leave the pump in situ and put the smaller belt on for just the alternator and power steering pump with new tensioner pulleys, will the smaller belt fit straight on. Leaving the air conditioning pump in situ bolted on or do I have to remove the pump to fit the smaller belt. As if the air conditioning pump wasn't a standard part of this model.

The other thing is I am wondering if the belt comes in kit form with the pulleys.

Thank you for any advice and help.

Will call you when I have a reply to this.

Dave

Rufe
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:10
Hi again Dave

The wheel cap number you provided is a good number, it is for the centre cap that covers the wheel bolts on your alloy wheels. The price of it is here -

WHEEL CAP:
P/n: 9140405
Volvo Price: £20.55 including vat,
Our Price: £17.47 including vat, plus postage
Postage: £1.67 Royal Mail 2nd Class recorded delivery
NOTE: No additional postage will be charged for this if sent out with the Water Pump

Regarding the aux belt, well I can answer you to the best of my knowledge, but you have to appreciate that this is not the sort of thing we would do at a dealership and therefore it is not something that we have ever tried. We don’t have enough technical information on these parts to give a 100% (lengths etc for a certain answer. Basically, yes we would imagine that you should be able to fit the shorter belt if you wished to detour the air con compressor pulley. There are two types of belt listed, one with air con and one without, so it would appear that this is the case. I did this myself on my vectra V6 when I removed the air con on a mad weight saving mission, and the option was the same, with or without air con, and I simply went for the non air con option. It appears it should be the same for your 850. However, the only reason I cant say for certain is due to the alternator. Basically there are also different options on aux belt depending on which alternator is fitted to the car. If the alternator has part number 9442905 then the part number for the belt without air con would be 9186326. If the alternator has any other part number it would be 1275725 for the belt. Without you telling me which part number is on the alternator I couldn’t say which belt to go for. They are both available and both are the same price, so I can give you the price of this belt. Basically it does appear that as long as I know the part number of the alternator then I can supply the correct belt for you to do this job.

AUX. BELT (No Air Con):
P/n: 1275725 / or 9186320; depending on alternator
Volvo Price: £21.62 including vat,
Our Price: £15.13 including vat, plus postage
Postage: £1.96 Royal Mail 2nd Class recorded delivery
Availability: Would be in the same day or day after ordering, then sent out with Royal
NOTE: No additional postage will be charged for this if sent out with the Water Pump

AUX. BELT IDLER PULLEY:
P/n: 9207905
Volvo Price: £38.54 including vat,
Our Price: £28.13 including vat, plus postage
Postage: £2.35 Royal Mail 2nd Class recorded delivery
Availability: Would be in the same day or day after ordering, then sent out with Royal

AUX. BELT TENSIONER COMPLETE:
P/n: 9179314 (pulley not available separately)
Volvo Price: £111.63 including vat,
Our Price: £81.49 including vat, plus postage
NOTE: If this was ordered with water pump, total postage would be £6.85 Royal Mail Parcel Force

I hope this helps,

Simon

Grandad Dave
Aug 21st, 2008, 18:35
Thanks

Will now sit down and work out what I will ask you to get for me,

Dave