PDA

View Full Version : 440 2.0CD for sale/spares

geoff up north
Aug 20th, 2008, 12:36
Greetings all,

I've got my old 440 sitting in the drive, perfectly driveable if you don't mind going everywhere in 4th that is....Gearbox went bang on me a while back and had to be piggybacked home

It's a tossup between being a restoration project for someone or a good source of spares for another car.

158,471 miles on the clock, I got the car in '02 with 78K, bought it from my neighbour whose wife had used it for a couple of years so I knew the history.

It's white with a black leather interior and in pretty good nick for a M plate, the usual rear nearside wheel arch problem though.

I had to get the engine rebuilt at 110K (all new valves etc) due to the timing belt going, and last year to get it through the MOT it needed new rear shocks and the catalytic converter was renewed. Power steering pump was renewed late in 2007 and the timing belt was renewed again at that stage. I've got all the receipts etc.

Still starts first time of asking (but you have to sit on the clutch as it's stuck in fourth....) and sounds good. MOT is just about up now

I'd get a scrap gearbox and do the job myself if I had the time, but I don't hence this post.

Also, as it's group 11 insurance it's too big for my daughter as a first car

I'm in Stewarton, about eight miles north of Kilmarnock, about twenty miles south of Glasgow.

Anyone interested?

I'll happily post piccies on here as well for further information over the next day or so.

Regards,

geoff up north

Colm
Sep 26th, 2008, 11:18
Hi, if you still have it, and it's going for scrap, can I buy the instrument display light controller (little switch on the steering column) from you please?

thanks